Manager, Executive Communications
Manager, Executive Communications🔍School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States📁Communications📅Apr 30, 2021 Post Date📅89389 Requisition #Stanford Medicine is seeking a Manager of Executive Communications to help drive high-impact thought leadership programs for its executive leadership. This individual will report into the Senior Director of Executive Communications and will partner with the team and other groups on planning, coordinating, and implementing communications programs spanning traditional media, social media, conferences, and emerging communications platforms.Duties include:
- Develop, execute and oversee written communications of moderate complexity, including social media copy, presentations, news stories, web content, talking points, and correspondence.Support Senior Manager of Executive Communications with maintaining an editorial calendar of social media content for Stanford Medicine’s executive leadership.Lead the development of engaging and relevant social media content for Stanford Medicine’s leaders (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) and coordinate content publishing.Regularly assess performance of social media content and recommend strategies for continuously improving audience reach and engagement.Maintain annual calendar of national conferences and help to coordinate speaking roles for executive leaders. Support the development of briefing materials and messaging for speaking opportunities. Work with Sr. Director of Executive Communications and media relations team on developing proactive media angles to position our leadership for regional and national press opportunities. Conduct informational interviews with faculty to support our storytelling efforts.Support the development of executive briefing books for interviews with print, broadcast, and online media.
- Experience in writing about academic medicine and/or the biosciences for lay audiences.
- Experience in writing for and/or managing executive and/or employee communications programs.
- Experience in managing complex projects within large organizations.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and skills in conceptual editing, copy editing, and proof reading.Proven success in writing for publication in print, web, and other platforms.Ability to change voice and writing style to fit a particular audience and purpose.Firm understanding of web technologies and applications, including social networking, social media tools, and current communication trends.Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across campus. Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people.Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood.Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines.Excellent time management skills.Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand. Rarely sort/file paperwork.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.On call and ability to respond 24/7.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4262
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 89389