Administrative Assistant I
The University of Maryland School of Medicine has an opening for an Administrative Assistant I to work at the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC) in Catonsville, MD. This position will support MPRC's Treatment research program. Duties include travel management, meeting coordination, purchasing of supplies, scheduling and tracking of transportation for patients, and other administrative functions. The MPRC is located on the grounds of Spring Grove Hospital in Catonsville, Maryland. This Non-Exempt, Contractual position offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB. The University of Maryland, Baltimore was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine. (Feb 2021)
- Edits, formats, and revises a variety of documents and materials created by others. Proofreads for grammatical, typographical and basic content errors.
- Composes responses to routine inquiries in accordance to general instructions.
- Develops, implements, and maintains paper and electronic filing systems which meet department needs and satisfy requirements for retention and information security. Enters, updates, and retrieves information as needed.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, independently handles routine matters, and forwards remainder to appropriate parties.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments. Prepares background and support materials following general instructions. May attend meetings and provide minutes.
- Makes travel arrangements following general instructions and campus procedures. Performs necessary follow-up for vouchers, expense reports, and reimbursements.
- Gathers and consolidates background information for reports, utilizing available resources such as departmental files, policy and procedure documents, Internet research, and communication with internal and external contacts.
- Orders supplies and equipment. Oversees equipment maintenance. May assist with department budget, updating department accounts, and creating routine reports.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Two (2) years of experience providing administrative support.
Other: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
General knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures. Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing. Ability to proofread and edit written documents. Skill in various computer software packages, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation programs, Internet, email and calendaring software. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions. Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are not eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union). Salary Range: $35,500 - $39,000 UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected] If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected] Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Non-Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Psychiatry
Job Posting: Apr 30, 2021
Unposting Date: May 7, 2021, 10:59:00 PM