Assistant Director, IT Privacy
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) Center for Information Technology Services is now recruiting for an Assistant Director of IT Privacy. The Assistant Director will be responsible for oversight and management of privacy program standards for the UMB Data Privacy Program. UMB offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (February, 2021).
• Create or implement privacy program standards for UMB Data Privacy Program.
• Collaborate with campus partners to mature and optimize privacy policies and processes related to university-wide data governance.
• Communicate privacy status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols to CISO.
• Analyze and evaluate privacy operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement through auditing, review, or assessment.
• Train subordinate privacy professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures.
• Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies impacting privacy operations.
• Ensures that the University becomes compliant with the Maryland Higher Education Privacy Act (HEPA). Will be responsible for maintaining compliance with any future HEPA changes.
• Identify privacy issues that require follow-up or investigation.
• Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Systems Administration, Computer Engineering or a related field.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: CITS Operations
Job Posting: Apr 30, 2021
Unposting Date: May 5, 2021, 10:59:00 PM