R&D Associate I - Product Discovery
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The R&D Associate I will be responsible for research and/or development of assays for support of monoclonal antibody development.Responsibilities
- Performs splenic fusions and isolates hybridomas that produce relevant antibodies.
- Creates, cultures, and maintains stable transgenic cell lines for recombinant protein production and cell based assays.
- Utilizes various protein purification techniques to purify antibodies and recombinant proteins
- Utilizes a range of biochemistry and molecular biology techniques to analyze recombinant proteins. Techniques include: PCR, ELISA, Western Blots, subcloning, transfections, and HPLC
- Performs animal work including immunization, sera collection, sera analysis, tail vein injections and splenic fusions.
- Records data in research notebooks and report results according to MBL SOPs and procedures
- Prepares data for presentation.
- Drafts written / oral reports for presentation to the research group and senior staff
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and techniques within scope of training.
- Effectively communicates with group members in order to accomplish goals.
- Performs additional job related duties as required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field.
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to follow instructions precisely , recognize deviations, and recommend corrective action within scope of training
- Ability to troubleshoot within scope of training
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel and other relevant electronic systems.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to multitask and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to apply scientific principles to problem solving
- Possesses well developed attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records and excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrated initiative through past experience
- Working knowledge on protein purification and hands-on experience on chromatography workstations preferred
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- May require individual to work extended hours on occasion to meet business needs