Research Scientist (open rank)
Job Title: Research Scientist (open rank)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226689
This position is located in Atlanta, Georgia.Job Summary
The Nanomaterials and Adsorption Lab in the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Georgia Tech is seeking to a hire a Research Scientist (rank commensurate with level of experience). The position will be responsible for research in the area of portable water supply. Primary duties of the position include:
- Develop novel adsorbent materials for water harvesting
- Design and optimization a high performance portable atmospheric water extractor that can provide sufficient daily portable water supply for individual warfighters in various extreme conditions
- Device development with capability of meeting the water transport requirement under a wide range of environmental conditions
- Carry out extensive adsorption testing and characterization of candidate materials
- Provide leadership for project team and mentor PhD students as appropriate
- Prepare quarterly and monthly reports for DARPA and track team milestones
- Prepare and edit manuscripts for publication; Assist PI in preparing research proposals
- Serve as lab manager for the research group (point person for equipment maintenance and repair, coordinate on-boarding for new group members, manage safety plans and oversee lab maintenance scheduling).
Research Scientist I
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or related field.
Research Scientist II
- A Master’s degree and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree.
Senior Research Scientist
- A Master’s degree and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree and four (4) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Principal Research Scientist
- A Master's degree and eleven (11) years' relevant full-time experience; or
- A Doctoral degree and seven (7) years' relevant full-time experience.
Required Documents to Attach
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Contact details of at least three (3) references as a single .PDF file
For additional information about this job posting, please contact Krista Walton ([email protected]).Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests