Group Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness InstructorDivision:
Student Union Activities & Rec(Adm)Work Unit:
University RecreationWork Location:
The University Recreation CenterVacancy Open To:
All CandidatesPosition Designation:
Non-Student TemporaryEmployment Type:
Temporary - Part-timeHours per week:
6 hours per weekWork Schedule:
Daily depending on departmental needs. Generally one hour classes per day.Pay Rate:
$10.00 to $14.00 depending on certification level.Minimum Experience/Education:
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Group Fitness Certification or Specialty Fitness Certification Required.
- Group Fitness Instructor certification from a nationally recognized organization.
- Knowledgeable in techniques and dynamics of Group Fitness.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of Group Fitness classes.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for participants.
- Promote knowledge of proper group fitness components, i.e.: warm up, aerobic exercise, flexibility, cool down, etc.
- Provide customer service to the patrons.
- Maintain the Group Fitness equipment and room.
- Knowledge of the Student Activity Center (SAC) and Belk Gym policies.
- Participate in Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s or CEU’s).
Attend staff meetings and required training sessions.Necessary Licenses or Certifications:
- Primary Group Fitness Instructor certification.
- Basic First Aid CPR/AED Certification or equivalent or can be obtained within 2 months of employment.
05/24/2021Expected Length of Assignment:
12 MonthsPosting Open Date:
04/26/2021Posting Close Date:
05/09/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Part-time temporary positions do not offer healthcare benefits, leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement (state service).
Please use these links for more information:
Only experienced and certified Group Fitness Instructors should apply.
Please attach a copy of your certification.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and professional experience.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.