Human Resources Coordinator
Job location: Florida Polytechnic University South at Polk State College
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-30
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Human Resources Coordinator Job Description Summary Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as a Human Resources Coordinator in the Department of Human Resources.
The HR Coordinator informs University employees and applicants of University policies and procedures relating to human resource functions and selects suitable guidelines to perform various human resources activities. Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Human Resources recruiting operations. Applies specialized skills and knowledge to perform a variety of tasks independently. Monitors department’s plans and policies; may contribute to the development of policies and procedures. May lead or participate in cross-functional teams or projects. Job Description
- Educates and assists management and employees in the administration of human resources policies and procedures. Interprets polices and works with appropriate staff to effectively resolve human resources issues.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and answers routine questions or request as appropriate; referring more complex questions and request to the appropriate staff members.
- Identifies, reviews, and advises on tasks related to the recruitment and selection process and employment strategies.
- Advises on University hiring policies, fair recruitment procedures and general employment law, as it pertains to recruitment and staffing.
- Creates jobs postings and offer letters; may complete employment verifications.
- Maintains knowledge of student hiring policies, and federal and state laws regarding recruitment and employment practices.
- Assists in the development of new student hiring-related internal business processes, guidelines, and handbook.
- Ensures that all University policies, procedures, and employment laws are followed across HR functions.
- Assists in the review of continued Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system functionality, including, but not limited to, identification and trouble-shooting system related conflicts and challenges relating to recruiting. Test any changes in the ERP system's testing site to ensure it is working properly before it is moved into production.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and standards of human resource administration.
- Knowledge of best practices in diversity recruiting strategies.
- Knowledge, skills, and ability to understand that Human Resources is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all internal constituents and provide such services in all situations.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting data.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations in assigned area.
- Ability to interpret and apply HR Policies and Procedures; Federal, State, and local laws, governmental oversite.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication; ability to communicate effectively in many different situations with all levels of individuals.
- Skill in problem analysis and resolution.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with others, working effectively in a collaborative manner in a team environment.
- Ability to keep the confidentiality of departmental or office administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, staff, students and/or outside resources.
- Ability to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- May perform other duties and/or participate in projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization, preferably human resources, and two years of appropriate, relevant experience.
- Experience in Human Resources recruiting.
- Experience in Higher Education or another governmental agency environment.
- Prior experience with Workday or other cloud-based applicant management system.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required. Travel between campus locations may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY RANGE: $45,000 - $48,500, commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled, however review of applications will commence immediately.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
• Cover Letter
• List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.