Assistant Coach, Women's Lacrosse
Job location: College at Wise (Wise, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-30
Assistant Coaches work with one sports program and are responsible for contributing to the successful execution of objectives as defined by the Head Coach. They participate in the planning, design, implementation, management, and completion of an effective team strategy. They analyze, coach, instruct, recruit, retain, and advise current and prospective student athletes. Work is self-guided, but performed under the supervision of the Head Coach.
- Explain and enforce rules and regulations to protect student athletes, and ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Study opposing teams to identify weaknesses and avenues for success.
- Collaborate on conceptualizing and developing practice and game day plans.
- Monitor the conditioning and training of student athletes, in conjunction with the Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Initiate and maintain a strong partnership with the Academic Affairs unit to support the academic requirements of student athletes.
- Assist with coordinating and performing various administrative tasks and often serving as a liaison with particular operational units, such as the Equipment Room, Business Office, Compliance Office, and Facilities Office.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: At least four years of experience as a specific sports program coach at the collegiate level.
Work is performed in the process of coaching student-athletes within a sports progra
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.