Senior ERP Engineer
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-29
Works primarily with the Health Systems Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) application. Designs and develops all aspects of data conversion. Codes individual modules, complex functions and develops application tables, panels and reports for projects. Responsible for software integration and external interface development. Troubleshoots and resolves testing issues and is responsible for technical documentation.
At this level the individual is recognized as an expert in their own area, and can solve complex problems independently. The individual can work independently on all but the most complex issues, and is a resource for lower level team members.
- Designs and develops all aspects of data conversion.
- Ensure that the appropriate technical documentation is created.
- Develops and builds application tables, panels and reports, codes individual modules and complex functions.
- Responsible for software integration and external interface development.
- Troubleshoots and resolves testing issues,
- Oversees project team members.
- Communicates appropriately and provides regular updates on system and project or task status.
- Participates as a team member on projects or may lead initiatives where appropriate.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced programmers.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: Master's degree of Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Bachelor's degree and five years progressive experience may be accepted in lieu of Master's degree.
- Experience: 3 years; Experience must include knowledge and use of PeopleSoft development tools (including Application Package, Component Interface, SQR, Application Engine, and Integration Broker), Web Services, Oracle SQL, Kronos technical support and Taleo TCC integrations.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.