Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Date: April 30, 2021
Title: Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Description: Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations, the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations is charged with developing and increasing alumni engagement to support the FlightPath initiative. This position will manage a strong team of alumni volunteer leaders in a comprehensive engagement program designed to provide meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, service, personal and professional development, and events and programs for alumni to enhance loyalty, dedication, and support for Hartwick College. The Assistant Director will create engagement strategies for a variety of alumni volunteer roles, execute Alumni Relations virtual and face-to-face events, develop engagement programming and event communications, assist the Director with the management of the Alumni Board of Directors, and provide overall alumni relations program assessment. The assistant director will have a small portfolio of alumni donors to engage, cultivate and solicit for philanthropic support on an annual basis.
- Develop strategy for alumni engagement based on lifelong engagement, and connection with Hartwick that demonstrates clear mutual benefit of engagement.
- Create, implement, and manage alumni relations programming consistent with the mission of Hartwick College by growing volunteer networks, providing outreach to alumni, and supporting career initiatives for current students.
- Manage the face-to-face and virtual Network Chats monthly program that features faculty and alumni leaders.
- Support the Alumni Association Board of Directors and its subcommittees, including the facilitation of regular meetings and fulfillment of assigned tasks.
- Manage and support Alumni Relations events, including but not limited to, TrueBlue Weekend and regional gatherings. Support college-wide and alumni related events during Welcome Weekend and Commencement.
- Oversee the nomination and selection process for the Alumni Awards, the Bunn Award, the Alumni Legacy Scholarship, and Annual Alumni Board elections.
- In coordination with Marketing Communications, develop marketing, communications, and social media plans for signature events.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in alumni relations, alumni engagement, volunteer service and management, metrics and assessment, alumni programming, communication, and philanthropy.
- Using benchmarked industry metrics, evaluate and assess programming on an ongoing basis.
- As a representative of the College, must comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus. Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and three to five years of direct engagement experience, preferably within an educational institution.
Position involves occasional travel and the ability to work nights and weekends as required. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the College.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing programming.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage people in-person and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to work on deadline and manage multiple assignments at once.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be energetic, creative, and resourceful, and demonstrate initiative.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with students, staff, faculty, and volunteers.
- A proven record of working independently and as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and ability to compromise to achieve goals in tandem with project partners.
- A cover letter;A resume; A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); andThe names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).