Administrative Support Assistant II
PediatricsDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This position provides administrative support to the Assistant to the Chair of the Department of Pediatrics and assumes these duties in this person’s absence. The incumbent is a critical part of the department’s administrative team and works independently under general direction from the supervisor. The successful candidate will exercise a high level of independent judgment and decision making while performing a wide variety of duties in a highly supportive office environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative support to the Department Chair and serve as back-up to the department chair’s assistant. This includes but is not limited to transcription of clinical notes and grant review dictations for Department Chair, preparation of PowerPoint presentations for meetings and events, and assisting with maintenance of Administrative Office calendars.
- Assist with departmental financial transactions through the UAccess systems, including but not limited to, the procurement of supplies, PCard purchases and faculty business travel.
- Provide intradepartmental assistance in sorting incoming mail, facilities management requests, and assisting with faculty promotion dossiers.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
*Exceptional technological expertise.*High level skills in PC applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.*Knowledge of organizational practices.*Skill in organizing workflow.*Ability to effectively communicate.*High level of professionalism and discretion in dealing with sensitive departmental information.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.37 - $19.96Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Trudy Meckler | 520-626-5170 | [email protected]Open Date:
4/29/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.