Front Office Receptionist (Office Assistant II) - Dental Sciences
Front Office Receptionist (Office Assistant II) - Dental SciencesRequisition IDreq822DepartmentDental Dept., AdmCampusVANPRT - Vanport BuildingEmployment TypeClassified-Full TimeBest Consideration DateApply Immediately; This job posting will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.Position Summary
PCC has an exciting new opportunity for applicants seeking a full-time position as the PCC Dental Clinic Front Office Receptionist. In this role, you will be the primary support for both staff and clients to help ensure the smooth operations of this office. As the Receptionist, you will be responsible for scheduling, record keeping, data entry, and answering the phones.
This position is located at the brand new Vanport Building in Downtown Portland.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/OfficeAssistantII/ Candidate ProfileThese qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
The work schedule is Monday–Friday, 8am-5pm. Schedule may be to work one evening per week, instead of one morning.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Coordinating client and staff/student scheduling
- Managing records and clerical filing/organization
- Data entry
- Fee collection, recording and banking/depositing
- Answering telephones and providing information
- Developing forms
- Fluent in Spanish
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of office assistant experience (college or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the experience requirement).
- Dental or medical receptionist/office experience
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits.Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Positions in this job family typically work in an office setting but may be assigned more physical duties such as transporting office supplies and equipment.
- Position involves sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal.
- Some positions may involve limited local travel.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA