Administrative Aide - College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Office of Advancement (145277)
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Office of Advancement
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Administrative Aide has responsibility for and coordinates all of the administrative functions of the Office of Advancement in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and provides individual personal support for the principal (associate dean for advancement) of that unit.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative Support for Principal
- Performs a full range of administrative duties in support of the principal and as needed other professional staff in the Advancement office.
- Keeps principal informed of all matters that require his/her attention.
- Maintains the principal’s calendar, schedules appointments, and sets up meetings.
- Prepares correspondence on behalf of the principal.
- The Administrative Aide serves as the office administrator for LAS Advancement and is responsible for management of the administrative functions associated with the operation of the unit.
- Establishes and implements support staff policies, procedures and position assignments, including hiring, training and discipline.
- Oversees the training of new Civil Service support staff, determines areas of and distribution of workloads, facilitates staff professional training and development.
- Collaborates with appropriate directors to perform annual staff evaluations.
- Approves office timesheets of the clerical staff and ensures timesheets are sent to Dean's office by assigned deadline.
Administrative Oversight for Office
- Analyzes, reviews, and implements work practices and operating procedures to meet the changing needs of the office.
- Organizes and maintains operational records and files in electronic form for the principal? coordinates with staff to create and maintain office network files.
- Maintains updated, accessible, and proper archives of meetings, agenda, and other significant materials.
- The Administrative Aide serves as principal liaison on behalf of principal and professional staff of the unit with the Office of the Associate Chancellor for Development, the University of Illinois Foundation and other campus and University offices.
- Serves as liaison with University departments and non-university vendors for purchases, repairs and maintenance on equipment and facilities ensuring that University and State requirements are met. Participates in monthly all staff meetings.
- Meets regularly with clerical staff to share information and updates regarding the Advancement office, Dean's office and other pertinent campus activity.
- Attends campus/university/college meetings pertaining to office policy/changes.
- Oversees the unit's facilities and equipment.
- Oversees the correct completion and submission of required university and UI Foundation documents.
- Oversees the accounting functions of the Advancement office including carrying out or delegating day-to-day fiscal decisions regarding billing discrepancies, purchase orders, requisitions, journal vouchers and invoice vouchers.
- Reviews expense reports, reconciles monthly statements for all advancement/alumni relations accounts.
- On a yearly basis gathers information and generates Cost of Fundraising survey for submission to University of Illinois Foundation.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Any one or any combination totaling five (5) years (60 months) from the following categories:
- college course work in business, finance, accounting or a related field:
- 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Master's degree or higher equals four (4) years (48 months)
- progressively more responsible general or specialized office experience which included aspects of supervising staff or a job function, organizing, and performing duties that lead to knowledge of generally accepted office principles
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and to address confidential matters appropriately.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and address a wide variety of issues.
- Expertise in Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Blackbaud, Banner, Eddie, TEM and IBuy.
- Knowledge of academic community and its organizational structure.
- Ability to anticipate needs, establish priorities and to work under pressure in an environment of multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Utilizes advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and public.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural difference.
- Ability to organize and supervise the work of others.
- Strong decision making, organizational, problems solving and clerical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Administrative Aide position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
Applications must be received by May 13, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three professional references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact [email protected].
For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictons are not a bar to employment.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Category:3-Administrative Support Title:Administrative Aide - College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Office of Advancement (145277) Open Date:04/29/2021 Close Date:05/13/2021 Organization Name:Advancement