Assistant Learning Specialist
Temporary Staff (SHRA)Job Title:
Assistant Learning SpecialistDepartment Name:
Acad Sup Prog Student-Athletes - 521000Vacancy ID:
S017647Position Posting Category:
Student ServicesHiring Range:
$15.00 - $15.00/per hourFull-time/Part-time:
Full-Time TemporaryIf part-time, how many hours per week?:
Sunday – Friday; varied hours.Proposed Start Date:
06/01/2021Estimated Duration of Appointment:
6 months or lessPosting Open Date:
04/30/2021Posting Close Date:
05/14/2021Description of Work:
For the Assistant Learning Specialist, the positions will support the Learning Specialist staff by providing comprehensive academic support to a designated caseload of student-athletes, which may include but not be limited to the following:
• Complete initial and on-going training with learning specialist staff on best practices for effective learning specialist support.
• Conduct one-on-one and small group academic meetings focusing on learning strategies and task completion during both daytime and evening opportunities.
• Support the administration of academic screening protocols.
• Participate in the training of the tutorial support staff.
• Provide accurate and timely communication and reports to learning specialist and academic counselor staff members.
• Regularly assist any staff member in need of administrative support.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
• Master’s Degree in Education, Special Education, Educational Psychology, or a related field.
• Prior experience working with undergraduates in a university setting.
• Interest in issues related to student-athletes’ academic progress and transition issues.
•Strong oral and written communication skills.
•Demonstrated effectiveness working collaboratively with a diverse group of students and staff.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Available to work a flexible schedule including at least 2 assigned nights and weekends.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA Funded:
NoTemporary Employment Policies: