Director, Business Analytics Initiative
PG190829EPInternal Recruitment :
Director, Business Analytics InitiativeAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education and experience.Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; evening and weekend hours as needed.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Business Management - Poole College of ManagementAbout the Department:
The Business Analytics Initiative (BAI) at NC State University’s Poole College of Management seeks a full-time director. The BAI provides students with a premier education for solving today’s data-driven business problems, engages in research that develops innovative methodologies, and helps organizations address their business analytics questions through engagement and thought leadership.Essential Job Duties:
The Business Analytics Initiative (BAI) at NC State University’s Poole College of Management seeks a full-time Director. The BAI seeks to provide our students with a premier education for handling and solving today’s challenging data-driven business problems, engage in world-class research that develops innovative methodologies, frameworks, and tools to help organizations address their challenges head-on, while also delivering global thought leadership to firms and providing a forum to discuss their analytics challenges with each other. The Director will play a critical role in carrying out this mission and will work with the Executive Director to facilitate and maintain the day-to-day operations of the BAI, as well as assist in long-term and strategic planning.
The Director will be a key point-of-contact for building and maintaining relationships between the BAI and external stakeholders. The Director will also be involved in discussions regarding degree programs offered by the college in the analytics space. This is a new position, and the BAI itself is less than a year old. The Director should be someone who is interested in working with the Executive Director to build a robust portfolio of offerings that the BAI will create and sustain.
Successful candidates will have the necessary experience to perform in these job duties:
- Work with companies, organizations, and philanthropic groups to facilitate research contracts, charitable giving, and other funding mechanisms for the BAI.
- Facilitate large events including advertising, planning, and proactively addressing potential issues.
- Assist in the development of social media and website content that promotes BAI activities.
- Develop and implement co-curricular programs that enhance the student experience and have a positive impact on student success.
- Provide high-quality communication with all stakeholders; with a quality-driven, results-focused approach to work, and strong attention to detail.
- Perform as a collaborative, team member while also having the ability to work independently and without constant direct supervision.
- Work effectively with various constituents to include but not limited to company leaders, external organizations, students, administrators, and faculty.
- Manage day-to-day operations such as the BAI budget, procurement needs, client questions, and interactions, etc.
Additional duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
- A Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis.
- Proven ability to work with external partners to create collaborative opportunities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and/or the Google Office Suite; able to become proficient in MS Access, WordPress, Quickbooks, and Adobe Creative Suite within one year.
- Experience in goal setting and planning, and project, program, and event management.
- Experience in strategic planning and identifying strategic opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and team-building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills; proven success in managing competing priorities and concurrent projects.
- Some proficiency with website content management systems, such as WordPress.
- Experience in an academic environment and coordinating with other key personnel focussed on course scheduling, student advising, and overall management of degree programs.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed, and travel as needed to work with external organizations.
- Experience working with graduate professional students.
- Experience in working with sponsored research from federal and state agencies.
- Experience managing grants and related budgets.
- Experience in social media management tools (such as Hubspot, Hootsuite, TweetDeck) and knowledge of how to create and manage social media content.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
03/03/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
202001 - Business Management-coll Of MgAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.