Manager, Financial Aid Operations
Manager, Financial Aid OperationsRequisition Number:
The Manager, Financial Aid Operations will assist the Associate Director in the management of the Financial Aid Office and the administration of all financial aid programs and services at the Main Campus and at each of the Regional Centers. This position will manage the Financial Aid Specialists who are responsible for operations and direct student services, including service in Enrollment Central, verification processing oversight, document tracking and electronic forms, financial aid satisfactory academic progress (SAP), and other day-to-day daily operations. The Manager will ensure excellence in all services and operations, including document and file management, to maximize student satisfaction, encourage enrollment, and foster student success. The Manager will work as a member of the Financial Aid leadership team, while modeling exceptional service to internal and external constituents, and working to facilitate positive operational outcomes and service delivery.Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership to the Financial Aid Specialists and monitor the delivery of excellent customer service, including the advisement of students and their families.
• Monitor the successful implementation of student service policies and procedures that ensure customer service standards are met and maintained at the highest levels at all College locations.
• Provide coverage for the Regional Centers (Northeast, Northwest, and West) in the event of absences or additional staffing needs for on-campus and external outreach events, which will require travel to the other sites.
• Provide leadership to safeguard all processing related to verification, dependency overrides, citizenship, professional judgments, SAP, EHR, AGGMAX, and other various reports to ensure they are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
• Prepare and conduct annual staff performance appraisals, coach staff, provide professional development activities, and train staff in the use of the College’s financial aid systems.
• Monitor and administer institutional policies and procedures consistent with federal and state regulations.
• Assist in reviewing and verifying financial aid applications, awarding financial aid funds, and processing loan certifications.
• In collaboration with the Associate Director, ensure compliance with established institutional and departmental policies, procedures, and standards related to data integrity, financial aid regulations, and computer usage through the use of various auditing reports and assessments and make recommendations for improvement.
• Review and verify financial aid applications and award financial aid funds.
• Assist in the preparation of reports for federal, state and private agencies and the College.
• Assist in the reconciliation of student accounts with various funds.
• Ensure the confidentiality and maintenance of student documents and files, and collaborate with other areas of Enrollment Services in the effective management of document imaging.
• Identify the source of complex financial aid issues, determining the appropriate course of action to provide an effective solution, and ensuring follow-through to resolution.
• Maintain effective working relationships with various College departments and serve as a resource for all faculty and staff regarding financial aid issues and policies and procedures.
• Maintain effective working relationships with various financial aid resources and government agencies.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Monitor best practice solutions to improve the delivery of financial aid services to students.
• Actively engage in conducting webinars, live chat, teleconferencing and email/text/phone campaigns as outreach methods to students, and ensure these methods of outreach are fully utilized by staff.
• Adhere to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents.
• Perform other duties and carry out other responsibilities as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ of related work experience in student financial aid services required.
• At least two (2) years of supervisory or leadership experience required.
• Strong leadership and team building skills required.
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to implement strategies to develop staff in the delivery of exceptional customer service required.
• Experience with all processing related to verification, dependency overrides, SAP, EHR, and AGGMAX, as well as audit reporting and assessment required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations as they pertain to student financial aid required.
• Experience with document and file management required.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse community of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. students, parents, faculty, and community partners) by effectively using cross-cultural skills and abilities is required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, based on business needs, required.
• Access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel locally to outreach events and to the College’s Regional Centers required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills for various communication methods (phone, face-to-face, live chat, webinars, and email) required to effectively communicate with students, the general public, the College staff and faculty.
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to use independent judgment in making administrative/procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to interpret and analyze a variety of information and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to multitask and process large volumes of work with accuracy required.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.Preferred Qualifications:
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel preferred.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner, and PHEAA preferred.
• Bilingual or multilingual capabilities is preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on May 20, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
Salary commensurate with relevant experienceJob Posting Open Date:
04/29/2021Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :