Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach
Manager, Financial Aid Services and OutreachRequisition Number:
The Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach is responsible for the direct supervision of staff and the implementation of strategies designed to enhance service delivery. This position manages the Enrollment Services Call Center and ensures that students receive the highest levels of customer service. The Manager, Financial Aid Services and Outreach is responsible for processes and functions related to the intake for students who need initial financial aid information support, counseling of students and families on financial aid, awarding financial aid funds, and the coordination of financial planning sessions. This position also manages all Enrollment Services outreach call campaigns serves as a back-up to the Associate Director, Financial Aid Operations.Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide oversight of administrative associate staffing, manage the intake of students and ensure quality service delivery including the general office email and telephone communications, and in-person and virtual general student and family customer service support.
• Responsible for all aspects of oversight of the Enrollment Services Call Center to support and manage all Enrollment Services outreach call campaigns, including drop-for-non-payment, Student Account escheated check notifications and other office-initiated projects.
• Responsible for all aspects of personnel management including conducting annual performance appraisals.
• Develop and monitor standards for service volume and timeliness utilizing various reporting tools.
• Monitor calls for quality assurance and drive improvements in overall service levels, including implementing approved strategies designed to enhance service delivery.
• Serve as a back-up for the Associate Director, Financial Aid Operations, as needed.
• Assist in the supervision of the Office’s federal work-study students.
• Counsel students and families on financial aid process, eligibility, and planning.
• Oversee financial planning workshops.
• Develop and monitor effective processes for the preparation of financial aid documents to be imaged.
• Research and resolve financial aid payment problems, bookstore credits, holds, and other matters affecting student aid, including those identified by the Student Tuition Services Office and the Office of Student Records & Registration.
• Interact with and maintain effective working relationships with various College offices including the Student Tuition Services Office, Office of the Dean of Students, and Office of the Dean of Enrollment Services.
• Occasionally represent the College at on-campus and off-campus events.
• Work extended hours during peak periods, as needed; work an occasional Saturday as needed.
• Excel in working as a member of a team; model exceptional customer service; implement approved strategies designed to enhance service delivery via phone, web, and in-person interactions and work to facilitate change.
• Adhere to FERPA regulations as they pertain to maintaining the security and confidentiality of all student records, as well as maintain the confidentiality of other documents on behalf of the work area and the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Minimum of five (5) years of full-time work experience in financial aid required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid federal and state regulations required.
• Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and Internet applications required.
• At least two (2) years customer service supervisory experience with ability to foster a positive and productive work environment, and lead and motivate staff required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills in all media (phone, face to face, and email) required.
• Excellent planning, administrative, project management, and organizational skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and to process high volumes of work with accuracy in a fast-paced environment required.
• Ability to use independent judgment in making administrative/procedural decisions with minimal supervision required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Ability to work extended hours as needed during peak periods, working an occasional Saturday may be required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Prior experience working in a Banner or equivalent environment preferred.
• Experience in a collective bargaining environment preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on May 20, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
Salary commensurate with relevant experienceJob Posting Open Date:
04/29/2021Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :