HVAC Mechanic (Technical Craft Specialist A)
HVAC Mechanic (Technical Craft Specialist A)Requisition Number:
The Technical Craft Specialist A, HVAC Mechanic maintains College HVAC systems and performs specific functions on a paraprofessional level. The HVAC Mechanic exhibits knowledge and skills appropriate to the tasks of the assignment, exercises good judgment and maintains a professional manner.Specific Responsibilities:
• Operate air handing systems via computer.
• Change/install filters on all types of fans.
• Grease and lubricate all types of fans.
• Repair and maintain compressors, condensers, etc. on split system and self-contained conditioning system, and large fans.
• Repair and maintain institutional heating plant.
• Repair and maintain cooling towers, chillers, condenser/chiller water pumps, and refrigeration equipment.
• Repair and maintain VAV systems, diffusers, thermostats, and heating coils.
• Provide assistance in institutional renovation HVAC projects.
• Provide assistance in the maintenance and repair of pneumatic and electrical control equipment and instruments.
• Monitor and maintain high-pressure boilers.
• Performs the chemical testing and treatment of boiler feed water.
• Record daily readings.
• Travel to the College’s regional centers as needed.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Communicate and coordinate work and assignments with members of the Technical Services team.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum two (2) years vocational or trade school training required.
• Five (5) years of professional work experience maintaining HVAC systems required.
• Valid City of Philadelphia Engineer’s Grade “A” Operators License required.
• Valid CFC certification required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed, required.Preferred Qualifications:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on April 27, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
$18.90 - $24.99Job Posting Open Date:
04/05/2021Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :