Budget Office Assistant
Budget Office AssistantRequisition Number:
Reporting to the Budget Director, the Budget Office Assistant supports the Budget Office in performing administrative functions related to the Budget, Risk Management, and Auxiliary Services areas. Primary responsibilities include creating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, processing insurance certificates, invoices and purchase requisitions. Other responsibilities include ensuring updates to departmental forms and content on the College’s website and the scheduling and coordination of meetings on behalf of the Director.
Tests to be Administered for this Position:
• Create and maintain excel spreadsheets and databases related, but not limited to, insurance invoices, insurance claims, insurance certificates, employee monthly parking, bookstore sales and commissions, garage revenues, and expenses.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents.
• Maintain all aspects of the insurance certificate process internally and externally with vendors; maintaining the insurance renewal spreadsheet and communicating with various departments to determine which certificates need to be renewed, deleted, or updated.
• Maintain and update employee monthly parking records; prepare reports, monthly reconciliation, and related correspondence.
• In collaboration with the Director and the Marketing department, update content on the departmental website (Budget Office & Auxiliary Services), as well as information contained within the employee portal related to budgets and the budget process.
• Provide additional administrative support for the department, such as ordering supplies; disseminating mail; coordinating meetings, events, interviews, etc.
• Monitor and respond to the budget office and parking services email accounts.
• Receive and process financial documents such as vendor invoices, quotes, contracts, addendums, etc., creating the appropriate purchase requisitions and purchase orders; utilizing systems such as Banner, Tableau, ESM Procurement, ESM Contracts, DocuSign, etc.
• Review report of all purchase orders over $5,000 for applicability to Pa Right to Know the law; making required adjustments based on established guidelines and submitting to IT for processing to Pa Treasurer.
• Maintain accurate and organized records of all filed purchase orders.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.Minimum Qualifications:
• High School diploma, or GED equivalent, is required.
• Six (6) years of administrative office work experience required.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive documents and information required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social-economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds is required.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with changing priorities required.
• Ability to work as part of a team or individually required.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills required.
• Experience developing and coordinating administrative processes required.
• Detail-oriented with attention to accuracy required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Related work experience within higher education preferred.
• MS Access preferred.
• Experience utilizing third-party products, such as Tableau, ARGOS, CBORD, and other data tools for visualization and reporting preferred.
• Previous experience using an enterprise-wide system, such as Ellucian Banner, is preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Tests to be administered for this Position:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on May 12, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
$18.25 - $23.90Job Posting Open Date:
04/28/2021Type of Position:
ConfidentialEmployment Status :