STEPS .NET Developer
STEPS .NET DeveloperRequisition Number:
40527: HDI CNS WaiverWork Location:
$20/per hourType of Position:
TemporaryPosition Time Status :
Bachelor’s DegreeRequired License/Registration/Certification:
Typing, sitting for extended periods of time.Shift:
40 hours per week
We are looking for experienced .Net Developer to join our team. As a .NET Developer you will be involved in design, development, coding, customization, configuration, testing, and deployment in support of web applications supporting research initiatives. This is what we are expecting from you as a .NET Developer:
• Prepare and maintain code for various .Net applications and resolve any defects in systems.
• Prepare test based applications for various .Net applications.
• Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
• Manage defect tracking system and resolve all issues and prepare update for systems.
• Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
• Create technical specifications and test plans
• Monitor daily activities of system and provide require support.
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? :
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or equivalent with programming experience.
• 3 years of design and/or development experience with .NET, .NET Core 2 and above, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server in an n-tier architecture.
• Strong background in object oriented development techniques
• Solution Design Patterns and Best Practices, e.g. SOA
• Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server)
• Experience with Web Services, Azure and Service Oriented Architecture a plus
• Experience with concurrent development source control (Git) and continuous integration
05/12/2021University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.