Job Title: Office Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226676
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization is required and a minimum of four years' progressively responsible office support experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skillsResponsibilities The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the day to day operations of Sophomore courses. Organize and oversee the activities of the course to ensure completed work meets required time lines and standards of quality and quantity. Directly supporting Restorative Sciences course directors and students in the DMD program.
- Establishes and maintains the schedule of course support office activities, prioritizes tasks, and ensures that the course directors are aware of the important deadlines related to program activities, Including managing calendars and appointments, composing correspondence /reports, manuals, preparing teaching material and meeting arrangements.
- Enter and maintain academic grades, registrations and curriculum inventory. Manage departmental files and academic records. Maintaining flexibility is Important, as priorities can change on a daily basis. Track the ongoing activities of the courses. Responsible for data entry/scanning storage of logs, manuals, and records. Have an extensive knowledge of Axium to maintain patient records, and perform chart audits,
- Manage clinical referrals for the Sophomore patient care clinical courses, including the complete denture course. Duties Include but are not limited to: register, schedule, cancel, reschedule, confirm patients for screenings, retrieval of fax, creating accounts for patients, assisting with screening appointments with faculty members to help determine acceptance to the programs and assignment of students, establish/maintain communication and customer service to patients, their families and referring doctors. Check patients In, answer questions and concerns, Send acceptance and/or rejection letters. Maintain the patient pool for each academic year, manage and track all surgery appointments that are required for acceptance in the program, Run reports to see total number of patients and Status in the program. Work with the Business office to adjust charges on patient accounts as required.
- Creates spreadsheets, Including formulas to organize, display and summarize data. Prepare special reports for department management, college administration and other divisions of the University as requested or required.
- Coordinate and schedule vendors and speakers for "Lunch and Learn" training sessions, assist with setup of catering and use of seminar room and audio visual equipment. Perform any other administrative tasks as requested or assigned.