ECRH Nurse Educator
Job Title: ECRH Nurse Educator
Location: Aug Univ CON-ECRH Partnership
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222955
Ability to use sound judgement and work independently
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, leadership and prioritization skills
Maintain expertise and current knowledge of current treatment options in the psychiatric mental health as well as developmental/intellectual disabilities
Expertise in current on line and electronic sources of information, data bases, and education resources; Assure current access for staff to these resourcesCertifications Current, Active Georgia Licensure as a Registered Nurse in good standing and current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS/BCLS certificationPreferred Qualifications Master's of Nursing degree from an accredited college or university preferred.Responsibilities Collaborates with Nurse leadership team and other nursing care team members to assess and identify the required and desirable content for professional nurse unit-based orientation as well as ongoing educational programs. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes and maintains a Nursing Education Plan and Calendar which includes new hire support and development, preceptor/mentor development, assessment of needs, continuing education needs, unit-based orientation, and competency assessment evaluation.
- Designs, coordinates, and teaches the content for unit-based nursing orientation for RN's, LPN's and direct care staff. Provides direct instruction and collaborates with nursing and hospital leadership in providing these services in both, the clinical and classroom setting.
- Assures that educational content is current, evidence-based and meets professional standards at the state and national level.
- Maintains expertise with current Psychiatric Mental Health therapeutic modalities, supports introduction and training of new initiatives related to Psychiatric Mental Health concepts as well as all appropriate Policies and Procedures.
- Continually assesses team member competencies and job specific level of knowledge. Works collaboratively with nursing and hospital leadership to assure that professional and direct care staff maintain all required competencies. Advises and assists in developing suitable methods to evaluate competencies of staff, designs training programs as indicated.
- Educates all professional and direct care staff in the proper use of equipment, supplies and instruments; continuously coordinates in-service education and workshops for all applicable staff.
- Provides oversite, coordination and facilitation of the ECRH/AU Nurse Residency, Nurse Fellowship and Nurse Mentorship Programs.
- Maintains Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Instructor Certification and provides MHFA certification courses for ECRH staff.
- Establishes and maintains a positive partnership with schools of nursing and other clinical programs. Oversees the coordination of all student clinical rotations.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.