Test Proctor-Assessment Center (two positions-non-benefited)
Category:: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department:: Assessment Center
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Apr 29, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part-time Temporary
Position ID:: 130502
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Test proctors administer standardized exams in the Bunker Hill Community College Assessment Center.
- Obtaining and maintaining certification required for all exams administered by the Assessment Center;
- Administering exams in accordance with vendor and department policies;
- Observing and enforcing security protocols for exams;
- Greeting test takers, assisting with sign in and check-out;
- Explaining test and test center rules to students;
- Assigning lockers and locks to test takers;
- Setting up testing workstations prior to testing;
- Monitoring the lab during exams;
- Assisting with general office maintenance, filing, shredding, etc.;
- Assisting with basic inquiries in person and by phone.
- Associate's degree required;
- Good communication and customer-service skills;
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn new processes;
- Clerical skills;
- Must be able to work both on campus and remotely.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Familiarity with higher education and community colleges;
- Second-language skills are a plus.
Salary: $16.00 per hour, not exceeding 18.50 hours weekly.
This position is part-time, temporary, non-benefited.
Review Date: Open Until Filled.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE