Web Developer – Brightspot - Student Assistant
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-28
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
The Ho‘okele department is looking for a Web Developer – Student Assistant to improve user experience and site functionality in support of department objectives. The Student Assistant will assist with the design, creation, and modification of the Ho‘okele department websites, analyze user needs to implement website content, graphics, performance, and capacity. The Student Assistant may be requested to convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible web formats using software designed to facilitate the creation of web and multimedia content. The ideal candidate should be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a cross-functional team.
- Produces and/or formats website content
- Assist with ongoing website updates
- Liaise with Ho‘okele department divisions to assist with requests by department staff
- Improve content and images based on web design best practices
- Research, recommend, and document improvements for page design and web functionality
- Work with project team to ensure product specifications address the customer business requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
What will make you successful in this position?
- Attentive to department needs as demonstrated by rapid and high-quality responsiveness to requests
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to maintain solid rapport with team members as well as maintain professionalism with those outside of the department
- Keen attention to detail
- Capable of identifying and completing tasks independently, with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the principal duties of the position
Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
3-6 Months of directly relevant experience
Experience with Brightspot
Typical office work environment