About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2021-051
Posting Start Date: 4/28/2021
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
IT InstructorDescription/Job Summary
Instruct, prepare, review, provide curriculum development support, and update program documentation in support of Cyber Security Courses (such as IT Essentials, CompTIA A+ Certification Prep and IT Networking).Responsibilities/Duties
- Lectures class on hardware, installation, programming, maintenance, networking, routing, troubleshooting and repair of computers and other IT equipment, following outline, handouts, hands on experience, internship, job shadowing and using visual aids.
- Administers written and practical drills, exams and writes conference reports.
- Collaborate with curriculum developer and subject matter expert to determine teaching style and understanding of curriculum.
- Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility and integrates information into training programs.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Maintain students grades and attendance and report to training coordinator and tutor student performance.
- Evaluate students and report academic concerns when warranted by classroom performance.
- Manage all classroom issues and communicate with training coordinator any non-manageable classroom issues.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze student documents and lab experiences.
- Stay current with required industry certifications and provide current copies of certifications as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or related degree
- Minimal 3 years’ experience in training in the IT field or classroom instruction
- Organizational and planning skills, including lab-based instruction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the content materials both theory, principle, and certification requirements
- Demonstrate the capabilities of setting priorities and moving several tasks forward simultaneously.
- Must have knowledge and experience in applying adult learning principles.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail