Director of Financial Aid
Non ClassifiedJob Title:
Director of Financial AidClassification Title:
Director of Student Fin AidCampus Location:
ASU BeebeJob Description:
The Director of Financial Aid will provide vision, leadership, and direction for the overall direction and management of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs for the ASU-Beebe campuses at Beebe, Heber Springs, Searcy and the Little Rock Air Force Base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for maintaining Title IV Participation agreement with the U.S. Department of Education. Submits new programs for approval and ensures compliance with Title IV aid programs.
2. Prepares, writes, and files required state and federal reports by published deadlines; answers questions and provides information during audits and official reviews to justify policies, procedures, and variances.
3. Administers satisfactory academic progress (SAP) evaluation and oversees appeal process for students seeking reinstatement of financial aid eligibility.
4. Supervises, trains, manages, and evaluates Financial Aid staff on duty areas and monitors packaging activity for accuracy.
5. Monitors enrollment reports to identify students subject to Return of Title IV aid policy. Calculates aid earned, makes necessary adjustments, and notifies students and accounts receivable of outcome.
6. Establishes, modifies, and upgrades computer parameters in need analysis, fund management, document tracking, and reporting programs; updates department policies and procedures to ensure compliance with fund limitations and requirements.
7. Manages department budget. Monitors and approves departmental expenditures. Monitors and reconciles Federal and State aid accounts.
8. Coordinates financial aid workshops on campus and at area high schools (FAFSA workshops) in collaboration with admissions staff.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.Required Qualifications:
A Bachelor\’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years experience in the financial industry including direct experience in managing Financial Aid and a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Advanced degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, business management or related discipline and NASFAA professional credentials.Minimum Salary or Salary Range:
regularlyUse hand to finger, handle, or feel:
regularlyReach with hands and arms:
frequentlyClimb or balance:
occasionallyStoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:
occasionallyTalk or Hear:
regularlyUp to 10 pounds:
frequentlyUp to 25 pounds:
occasionallyDoes this position have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply.:
Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, Ability to adjust focusBackground Check Statement:
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.Background Check Requirements:
BothASU Beebe EEO Statement :
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.Posting Number:
05/13/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Note: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.