Financial Aid Assistant I
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Financial Aid Assistant I who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will assist students with all aspects of student applications, awarding, and continued eligibility for the Federal, State, and Institutional funds.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Some college coursework or Associate Degree.
Required: Two (2) years of clerical experience.
Preferred: Experience in Financial Aid or Higher Education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a team or independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Dependability and initiative.
- Current Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficient communication skills (Interpersonal, Verbal, and Written).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Active Listening Skills.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counsel prospective and continuing students on the Financial Aid application process and current financial aid processes.
- Answer phone calls to assist students with questions regarding the application process, disbursement and receipt of financial aid funds.
- Data entry into the College’s system of record.
- Complete verification to ensure students who are selected have provided appropriate documentation.
- Correct student records based on information that has been obtained/provided.
- Resolve conflicting information in student files.
- Performs document tracking and related duties.
- Assists in monthly Hands on FAFSA events as well Hands on Events at local high school.
- Required to maintain a high level of professional at all times, especially when dealing with resistance or hostility, and to provide an exemplary level of customer service to all internal, external customers, vendors, community leaders, etc.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: Must be willing to work a flexible schedule (days, nights, weekends, holidays, and varying events if necessary.)
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment, routinely uses standard office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, copy and fax machines, filing cabinets) and is in a high traffic area with continual interruptions. Software commonly used includes Microsoft Office, Colleague, Business Objects, and various other educational applications.)
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.