Staff Assistant - Advising
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking Part-Time Staff Assistant who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will provide administrative support and customer service quickly and effectively for our Advising Department.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Some College Coursework.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Required: Experience working in a customer service environment.
Preferred: Experience working in a high traffic office environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a team or independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient Communication Skills.
- Customer Service Mindset.
- Dependability and Initiative.
- Current Microsoft Office Skills.
- Accuracy in spelling, grammar sentence structure and punctuation.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare various program and/or departmental correspondence, letters, memos, forms, reports, manuals, databases, photocopies, and/or faxes.
- Answers telephone to provide information, take message, or transfer calls.
- Receives and screens visitors and assists walk-in traffic.
- Maintain confidential records and files.
- Assists faculty, students, and administrative personnel.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: This is a part time position; hours per week will not exceed 19.
Working Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Salary: Aligned with the current salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.