SOMA - Regional Director of Medical Education, Assistant/Associate Professor, Scranton, PA (0.2...
A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) is seeking a part-time Regional Director of Medical Education to facilitate student rotations in The Wright Center Community Health Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania. This position reports to the Assistant Dean of Clinical Education, Assessments and Outcomes, GME.Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Facilitate small group sessions and medical skills sessions.
- Deliver curriculum.
- Monitor student progress and perform student evaluations and advisement sessions.
- Work with ATSU-SOMA Course Directors.
- Attend faculty development sessions and community partner conference calls.
- Use technology to promote student leaning and distance education.
- Facilitate student rotations in CHC and affiliated hospitals and clinics.
- Assist students in developing and implementing community-based projects.
- Mentor students regarding policies, standards and career planning.
- Seek out potential ATSU Hometown Scholar candidates in CHC community.
- Assist ATSU-SOMA with Clery Act compliance at CHC site.
- Mentor students regarding policies, standards, and career planning.
- Facilitate small group sessions and medical skills sessions in the classroom.
- Facilitate monthly Grand Rounds.
- Monitor and evaluate student progress.
- Conduct regular student advisement sessions.
- Develop and coordinate core and elective clinical rotation opportunities.
- Facilitate hospital and clinic affiliations.
- Oversee curricular content delivery.
- Attend faculty development sessions and receive updates.
- Use technology to promote student learning and distance education.
- Facilitate community-based projects and Epidemiology-Biostatistics classroom sessions.
- Facilitate and supervise exam proctoring as needed.
- Return to the Mesa campus on an annual basis to receive faculty development updates.
- Participate in graduation ceremonies.
- DO or MD degree with specialty certification strongly desired.
- College plus postgraduate studies required.
- Five to ten years of experience required.
- Clinical practice experience; small group facilitation; curriculum development; working as part of a
team; willingness to learn and apply new skills.
- Willingness to learn and utilize distance learning technologies; curriculum development skills; team
participation; student evaluation.
- Must have basic computer skills.