ASDOH - Sterilization/Dental Assistant, Float
A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking applications for a full-time Dental Assistant to work at the Mesa Clinic. This position is responsible for the sterilization of used instruments and the checking out of clean instruments to dental students, staff and faculty. Incumbent must be comfortable with infection control procedures.
The purpose of this job is to insure Sterilization protocols/procedures are being met and performed on a daily basis, and the position is responsible for assisting students chairside while treating live patients.
- Complete all equipment sterilization on a daily basis
- Maintain dental equipment inventory and supply control system as needed
- Dispense and receive dental instruments to/from faculty, staff and students
- Deliver and pick up sterilization carts from Comprehensive Care Units
- Practice proper PPE safety consistently
- General administrative duties as assigned
- Assisting students and faculty while treating live patients
- Ensuring dental unit is stocked with supplies as determined by the Dental Assistant Supervisor and/or CCU Director
- Maintain suction lines, traps and DUWL
- Inventory, Weekly Spore Tests and any other sterilization duties as assigned
- ASDOH Dental Clinic and patient treatment
- Other duties as assigned
- Infection Control required
- Knowledge HIPPA required
- CPR required
- Dental Assistant Certificate required, Axium or Dentrix preferred.
- Xray Certification required (If not currently certified by DANB, certification must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment)
- 1 year Dentrix software and dental office experience required