Research Assistant Professor
Posting Date: April 28, 2021 Posting End Date: June 30, 2021
Position: Research Assistant Professor Location: Materials Science and Engineering Department
Status: Full Time (Exempt)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming an “Outcomes-Oriented University,” the ideal Research Assistant Professor will possess the willingness to use their expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Must conduct research in advanced materials and teach curses, as assigned by the research mentor and the department of Materials Science and Engineering.
- Must assist faculty in the Department of Materials Science and in Engineering in acquiring new equipment and maintaining existing equipment
- Must be able to supervise research of graduate and undergraduate students assigned by the Research mentor and the Department Head.
- Must publish research findings in refereed journals and conference proceedings
- Must attend all meetings and seminars organized by the Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Must be able to keep track of the status of all purchase requisitions and check requests initiated by faculty in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Must have a PhD in chemistry, or Physics or chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering
- At least two years' experience in materials related research fields
- Experience with SEM. TEM and Raman analysis of polymer composites is desirable
- Must have gained significant experience in materials synthesis and characterization.
- Record of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in scientific equipment maintenance is desirable
- Must communicate effectively orally and in writing
Commensurate with education, training, and experience; ** Position available initially for 2-3 years and may extend with salary contingent upon outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verification on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.