Athletic Trainer (Part-Time)
Athletic Trainer (Part-Time)
Salary: $2,283.00 - $2,888.00 Monthly
Job Number: 201700245
Closing: 5/28/2021 5:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced, CA
Range 2719 hours/week10 months/year
Interviews tentatively scheduled the week of June 7, 2021 Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students, with room to expand on its 267-acre main campus and 120-acre Los Banos site, as well as at our innovative Business Resource Center in Downtown Merced. The City of Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing and access to the Bay Area and Sacramento. Merced is known as the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada mountains, and is home to the University of California's newest campus, UC Merced. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes — large and small — throughout the county.
Merced College is home to six women's and six men's athletic teams and a rich and successful athletic tradition. The Athletic Trainer position is vital to the program's success. We are looking for a highly dedicated, energetic trainer who is committed to students, their success, and providing student-athletes with unparalleled support. We invite you to contribute to the ongoing success of Merced College Athletics as an athletic trainer. This position works irregular hours, days, or on weekends dependent upon the athletic schedule.
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
Ensuring student success through equitable access, continuous quality improvement, institutional effectiveness, and student achievement.
Under direction, to administer preventive and rehabilitative treatment to athletes engaged in intercollegiate sports, and do related work as required.
Examples of Duties
- Accompanies teams on trips and attends home games in order to provide first aid or treatment for injuries
- Carries out physicians' orders in administering light, heat, and other physical therapy treatments
- Operates related therapy equipment
- Tapes athletes before games and practice sessions to give extra support or prevent injury
- Develops and implements conditioning and rehabilitating programs
- Diagnoses and recommends treatment for physical weaknesses
- Advises physical education faculty in selection and use of protective athletic equipment
- Instructs others in the use of therapeutic devices and equipment
- Gives first aid to athletes
- Sends injured athletes to physician, if necessary
- Prepares injury and treatment reports
- Maintains records on all athletic injuries
- Checks athletic uniforms and equipment to ensure proper fit
- Prepares accident and insurance forms
- Assists in budget development, preparation, and control
- Trains and oversees the work of subordinates and student assistants
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Symptoms of various athletic injuries and applicable treatment and first aid methods
- Knowledge of and ability to tape all areas to the body; ability to make slings and splints; ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- Administer various types of physical therapy treatment utilizing massage, exercise, and equipment employing properties of heat, water, sound, and electricity
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work requires travel to different sites; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends
Physical ability to:
See in the normal visual range with or without correction
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
How to Apply:
Only the required documentation as listed above will be accepted for this recruitment. Any additional documentation will be removed from your application profile.
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the first interview will be scheduled via Zoom. The second/final interview may be scheduled onsite. Applicants are required to ensure access to the necessary technology to participate in a Zoom interview and will be responsible for their travel expenses, if necessary.
Permanent part-time employees receive paid holidays as well as prorated vacation and sick leave. While permanent part-time employees are not eligible for health/vision/dental care coverage or group life insurance, the District does offer an optional supplemental benefits suite.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office. Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/3047360/athletic-trainer-part-time
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency