Job Number: 89363
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description. This role is designated as essential and requires incumbents to report to the worksite. Telecommute is not an option for this role.
About Residential & Dining Enterprises:
Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus.
Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $206 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, and provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. Additionally, R&DE comprises 660 FTE staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
“Students (Customers) First” is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE, “Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.”
About Stanford Dining:
R&DE Stanford Dining, a division of Residential & Dining Enterprises, serves over 12,000 meals per day. Its operations include11 undergraduate dining halls, two late-night dining operations, Schwab Executive Dining, an athletic training table program, the Teaching Kitchen @ Stanford, Community BeWell Gardens, and summer conference dining. As the dining department of the world's premier research and teaching institution, R&DE Stanford Dining promotes food as a multidisciplinary educational experience and engages students in food issues such as those related to health, the environment, social equity and the global economy. R&DE Stanford Dining has been recognized for its culinary excellence by awards such as the prestigious industry Ivy Award by Restaurants and Institutions for its environmental leadership role, by numerous awards such as the Acterra Award for Sustainability, and most recently was named Most Vegan-Friendly College by peta2 for its vegan and vegetarian offerings, and certified as a Responsible Epicurean and Agricultural Leadership (REAL) restaurant by the United States Healthful Food Council for its use of nutrition and sustainability best practices. For more information, please visit www.dining.stanford.edu.
Stanford and R&DE are committed to creating and sustaining a diverse environment. R&DE's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in our work of providing service excellence to our students. Diversity is more than a commitment—it is foundational to what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us different.
Provide functional coordination presence and daily operational oversight of residential dining, retail, or catering services.
- Ensure temperatures are logged at the correct times. Take corrective action if there is a temperature issue.
- Provide functional coordination for the activities of Hillel foodservice workers, casual employees, and students.
- Be available to talk to customers, answer questions, and resolve any problems students may have in order to provide the most positive experience possible.
- Complete opening or closing checklist depending on assignment.
- Oversee clean up to assure that it the dining hall is properly prepared for the next shift (cleaned, restocked, proper set up).
- Provide oversight in servery, particularly at busy times, to ensure food, plateware, silverware and glassware are kept replenished.
- Assist to cover for absent workers due to unforeseen conditions requiring immediate response for a period of time.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in restaurant management, business, or related field or equivalent and one year of successful institutional food service experience or combination of education or relevant experience.
Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively coordinate and provide oversight to a diverse work staff.
- Exposure to and success with key customer service competencies, such as the ability to communicate clearly, listen, and empathize with customers while simultaneously adhering to protocols and guidelines.
Certifications and Licenses:
- ServSafe CA Certification.
- Constantly exert well-paced mobility to move quickly to the different areas of the facility as service and production demands require.
- Frequently bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking.
- Occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of lifting force and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to see and taste food for quality.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Work flexible and demanding hours.
- Frequently work long hours completing widely diverse duties.
- Subjected to wet floors, temperature extremes, and excessive noise.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7619
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: D
- Department URL: http://genetics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89363
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency