Recruitment & Outreach Specialist, Workforce Development
Recruitment & Outreach Specialist, Workforce Development
Posting Number: 0001051
PS Position#: 00001222
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $43,015- $47,316 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C41. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Workforce & Community Development
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under general supervision, this position will establish and implement programs for targeting recruitment of interested students into Workforce programs. The Recruitment and Outreach Specialist will visits schools, workforce solution offices, and community organizations to make presentations and disseminate marking collateral to groups and individuals to inform them of opportunities and partnering. The Specialist will Coordinate recruitment efforts and serve as the primary point of contact for internal coordination of outreach activities. This position will assist potential participants in completing applications, questionnaires, and other required forms to enroll in programs or apply for tuition assistance opportunities as applicable. The Recruitment and Outreach Specialist will also address student barriers and assist in mitigation.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop presentations and activities that appeal to target audiences.
- Assist in recruiting and marketing for Center activities and schedules in collaboration with Center's marketing liaison and Center Leadership Team.
- Disseminate program materials, information, training schedules, and available services.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from students, potential students, other educational organizations, partners, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Implement and aid in development of strategies to attract prospective students to the Center in accordance with enrollment and student success goals.
- Assist with event planning and preparation for Center recruitment events, information sessions, job fairs and workshops.
- Conduct aptitude assessments for prospective students.
- Evaluates student background, education, and previous work experience to navigate them into a path to success.
- Make telephone calls to prospective students as necessary.
- Assist potential students with registration tasks.
- Assist in tracking and reporting data for Center projects.
- Assist in student resume building.
- Collaborate with Program Manager to determine most desired course offerings.
Collaboration with Partners
- Build and maintain key relationships with students, college community, and community resource organizations.
- Maintain a favorable relationship with area Workforce Solutions staff to recruit potential participants.
- Recruit employers for guest lecturing, information sessions, and potential placement.
- Host “Meet the Graduate” employer presentations to assist participants in connecting with employers and learning of upcoming projects and company mission.
- Network with employers, help determine job requirements that match with training, and assist with placing qualified participants in to full-time employment.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with participants throughout training to monitor progress and ensure training completion.
- Participate in evening and weekend events and activities.
- Participate in professional development activities and training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- One (1) year of related work experience (e.g., recruitment or job placement in education or employment sectors)
- Ability to develop relationships with customers, students, or other constituent
- Exceptional communication skills
- Working knowledge of petrochemical industry
- Technical writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office and social media platforms
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and measure the effectiveness of recruitment strategies
- Must be able to travel independently between the College and other venues, as well as within the College’s service area and the Greater Houston region
- Must be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-moving environment where immediate response is important
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bilingual: Able to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts are required upon hire.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6887
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency