Program Coordinator, Student Activities-Kennesaw Campus
Program Coordinator, Student Activities-Kennesaw Campus
Job ID: 226240
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Plans and implements program initiatives for the assigned college, department, and/or unit. Participates in the generation of program resources, communication, design and development of operating goals, objectives, and protocols. Serves as primary point for program implementation and operational matters. Provides technical, professional and programmatic guidance, consultation, and support.
1. Develops, plans and coordinates the implementation and execution of programs, special projects, events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the assigned program(s) and/or area(s)
2. Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s)
3. Serves as liaison with internal and external clients on all matters relating to program activities
4. Provides and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within area of program focus
5. Assists with forecast projections and budget for each fiscal year and evaluates progress towards financial goals
6. Prepares and delivers program presentations and collateral for program and events
7. Coordinates the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
8. Coordinates and monitors social media presence and program outreach
9. May supervise and/or lead staff and/or students assistants, as assigned
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the delivery and development of high-impact student programs and activities on the Kennesaw campus that provide a welcoming campus environment and support a diverse student population.
2. Assist the Director of Student Activities on the Kennesaw Campus with the department's strategic plan and the development/implementation of programs, workshops, and activities that strengthen student development, leadership, teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills
3. Assist with student-led programming efforts, including program/activity development, planning, and implementation, event management, and budget development and management
4. Serve on the planning committee for campus-wide programs and events, such as Week of Welcome and Homecoming
5. Coordinate use of the Owl Life student engagement software to create and publicize student programs and events, track student participation, and ensure compliance with divisional and university guidelines
6. Provide support for other divisional priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of department, as requested
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year of work experience related to the position
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher education
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Master's degree in Student Affairs Administration, Higher Education, or related field
Experience with student activities, event coordination/planning, and student advising
A demonstrated passion for and/or experience supporting student success in a diverse and complex environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
This position will be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education + MVR
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226240&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency