Multiple Subject Program Coordinator
University of California Irvine
Multiple Subject Program Coordinator
The Masters of Arts in Teaching Program is a 14-month program that leads to both a teaching credential and master's degree. Elementary candidates engage in 3 quarters of fieldwork and student teaching and complete an action research project. The curriculum of the MAT program is organized around five core commitments: Equity, learning from practice, teaching and learning in the content areas, understanding learning and learners, and leadership.
We are seeking a program coordinator with knowledge of curriculum, pedagogy and current research in effective teacher preparation or related areas. The position will be 100% and include both administrative and lecturer responsibilities. The program coordinator teaches a 4-unit fieldwork course in the fall and organizes student teaching seminars in winter and spring quarters. Additional teaching may be required as needed. The position is expected to start during the summer of 2021.
Under the supervision of the Director of the MAT Program, the Multiple Subject Program Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Place student teachers in public schools settings for fieldwork and student teaching
- Plan and conduct orientations and other events for site-based mentor teachers
- Collaborate with faculty who teach program courses to provide smooth implementation of program requirements
- Advise credential candidates about program requirements
- Monitor candidates' progress in fieldwork, course work and student teaching
- Assist with coordination of a Teaching Performance Assessment
- Utilize current technology to accomplish administrative duties
- Coordinate the activities of and provide professional support for Supervisors of Teacher Education
- Manage the collection of performance data for Supervisors of Teacher Education and conduct an end-of-year conference to evaluate performance
- Make school site visits and act as liaison between the university and school site teachers and administrators
- Plan and teach field-based course: ED301 Directed Elementary Field Experiences
- Plan and teach student teaching seminars: ED304/306 Student Teaching in -Elementary Schools and Supervised Teaching in Bilingual Education
- Review applications and conduct admissions interviews
Specific responsibilities on a yearly basis include the following:
- Placement of approximately 80 multiple subject student teachers in public schools for one co-teaching experience in the fall quarter and one student teaching assignment in winter and spring quarters
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the student teachers through on-going communication and collaboration with public school mentor teachers
- Orientation and training of Mentor Teachers who host student teachers
- Orientation, advisement, supervision and evaluation of student teachers including classroom visits to student teachers when necessary for support
- Development, implementation and monitoring of assistance plans for at-risk credential candidates in collaboration with the MAT Program Director and Student Affairs
- Coordination of part-time faculty who act as university supervisors
- Participation in the evaluation of Supervisors of Teacher Education, including shared observations of student teachers and annual reviews
- Use of various technologies to perform administrative duties related to the program
- Participation on internal advisory and steering committees
- Participation various district induction advisory boards
- Organization of job fair, administrator and alumni panels, and alumni events
- Participation in accreditation activities, including data collection and analysis, report writing and program alignment efforts.
- Works under the supervision of the Director of the Master of Arts in Teaching Program
- Works with leadership team comprised of coordinators and directors
- Works with supervisors of teacher education, faculty, and staff in the teacher credential programs
- Works directly with school site administrators and teachers
- Advises approximately 80 credential candidates each year.
- Responsible for the management of approximately 160 student teacher placements in public school classrooms each year (2 placements per candidate).
- Manages and assigns student teacher case load to Supervisors of Teacher Education
- Represents the School of Education at conferences and educational organizations.
- Advanced degree in education or a related field, preferably an administrative credential or doctorate
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential and/or related experience in public school secondary classrooms
- Knowledge of current educational research and policy and the ability to help candidates make connections between research and best teaching practices
- Knowledge of California Content Area Standards and Frameworks
- Experience with and knowledge of university teacher credential programs
- Experience with and knowledge of technology and its applications to administrative duties, and including educational technology and its applications in secondary classrooms
Applications should be submitted online at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06759 and must include:
- Cover letter, summarizing your experience and qualifications for the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reflective Teaching Statement
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
- Names and contact information of three referees
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position will hold split titles, Academic Coordinator and Lecturer. Term of appointments are for one year, reappointment is possible based on performance.
Inquiries about the position may be directed to Virginia Panish, Director of Teacher Education Program at [email protected]. Administrative inquiries may be directed to Laurie Andress-Delaney, Director of Personnel at [email protected]. For more information on the UCI School of Education, see www.education.uci.edu.
To apply, visit https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF06759
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency