Under the general direction of the Associate Registrar, the Evaluator is responsible to research, analyze and assess student academic history requirements; to advise and guide faculty, staff, and students regarding registration, transfer and graduation issues and academic policies; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. Evaluators receive only occasional instruction or assistance on new or unusual circumstances.
1. Researches, analyzes and assesses student academic history for completion of graduation requirements.
2. Advises and guides faculty, staff and students regarding transfer and graduation issues and academic policies; recommends a course of action regarding course acceptance, transferability, grade point averages, course substitutions and equivalencies and various other information.
3. Analyzes and evaluates complex academic records, transcripts and course equivalencies to determine graduation fulfillment.
4. Analyzes the catalog rights of each college’s curriculum rules and regulations; determines the appropriateness to each student record.
5. Advises and processes repetition of course records upon review of student academic performance and comprehensive guidance.
6. Works with various computer applications; updates academic records including degree audits, grade point averages and unit totals; enter transfer courses and granting of degrees.
7. Composes a variety of correspondence to students, staff, faculty, and educational institutions regarding requests for course descriptions, curriculum issues, verification of degrees, and various other information.
8. Serves as a resource and provides information to students, staff, faculty, administrators, and other educational institutions.
9. Provides transcripts, enrollment verifications, degree verification and anticipated date of graduation, and other related information.
10. Ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree. (Two (2) years of full-time experience in the same/similar position is equal to one (1) year of completed post high school education coursework.)
• Three (3) years of increasing complex administrative support experience.
• Experience in a Registrar’s Office or in a records administration office of a university/college.
• Familiarity with education technology such as Banner or similar relational database and degree audit software.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional walking, standing and simple grasping. Infrequent climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18987
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency