STUDENT ATHLETE ADVISOR
STUDENT ATHLETE ADVISOR
Posting Number: SRGV5033
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
To supervise and coordinate the daily operation of the Student-Athlete VICTORY center and provide academic guidance and support to student athletes to ensure compliance with university, conference and NCAA requirements.
Description of Duties:
• Assists the Director of The Learning Center in the overall operation of the student-athlete VICTORY Center.
• Monitors academic progress of student-athletes and advises student-athletes as to how to stay on course to meet NCAA eligibility and institutional graduation requirements. Active member of the NCAA Certification Team.
• Responsible for providing missed class reports and academic progress reports.
• Oversight of academic misconduct polices and enforcement.
• Participates in the recruitment, orientation, initial and continuing academic advising, pre-registration, and enrollment of student-athletes.
• Conducts regularly scheduled academic meetings with at-risk student athletes and prepares academic road maps for at-risk teams.
• Supervises study hall (VICTORY Center) for student -athletes to ensure meeting departmental and team requirements, and composes study hall weekly reports.
• Collects and reports data to the NCAA Academic Performance Program (APP).
• Helps in training Learning Center full-time and student staff on NCAA policies.
• Acts as a consultant on topics related to student-athlete academics on campus wide committees and off campus committees.
• Acts as official liaison between coaches and faculty.
• Completes and submits weekly status reports to the academic and athletic administration as well as meets with academic and athletic administration to provide updates and recommendations on a regular basis.
• May participate as a member of the University Athletics Council.
• Determines and presents orientation academic content for current and prospective student athletes.
• May be responsible for the training of full-time staff.
• Responsible for hiring, supervising, and training support and temporary staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s degree in Sports Administration, Sports Management, Education or related field.
Two (2) years of experience working in an academic advising, counseling or student services setting.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and Regulations in regards to eligibility requirements. Experience with degree plans and academic road maps.
Use of standard office equipment, especially Microsoft Office programs.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend/evening work is required.
Great organizational and time management skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills. Ability to manage a direct contact caseload of 80 student-athletes. Ability to manage a study hall/computer lab. Ability to leverage university resources for the benefit of at-risk student populations.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 04/27/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28167
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency