Program Manager, Clinical Nutrition
Program Manager, Clinical Nutrition
Reports to the Program Director for Clinical Nutrition. The position is responsible for the oversight and management of day-to-day operations, administration and budget processes, data collection, management, statistical analysis and reporting for the Clinical Nutrition Program, program quality improvement and accreditation requirements. This position further supports the director with recruitment of students, and recruitment, hiring, and orientation of new faculty and staff.
1. Independently and/or in coordination with the program director, manages the day-to-day operations and has overall responsibility for office management for the Clinical Nutrition Program.
2. Oversees program projects, budget administration, and execution for assigned initiatives.
3. Completes queries, reconciliations, transfers and budget reports as directed by Program Director and assists School of Health Sciences Business Manager in reconciling and tracking the budgets/grants and troubleshooting/resolving budget inquiries for these programs.
4. Edits accreditation reports, project/research reports, student handbooks, etc. with professional quality.
5. Oversees Teaching Kitchen inventory ordering and manages annual evaluation of all culinary and clinical nutrition equipment for calibration and inventory; maintains department digital subscriptions.
6. Develops communication materials for the program, such as flyers, brochures, video content, etc.
7. Creates schedules for classes, workshops, academic term calendars, and events based on instructions and guidelines provided by Program Director.
8. Manages program assessment and field education student records/site management databases using Excel/SPSS/other software and proprietary database systems and clinical learning management systems.
9. Organizes and schedules program meetings, faculty meetings, events, accreditation visits, and advisory board meetings, and host guests for the program.
10. Conducts and oversees hiring processes for faculty and staff in compliance with human resources policies.
11. Works with Graduate Admissions, Registrar and Graduate School to develop and manage the pre-matriculant and matriculant activities of CN prospective applicants and students; including recruitment events and marketing, registration/orientation, student registrar processes, degree reviews, graduation and departure protocol and responsibilities for graduating students.
12. Works with the Graduate Admissions/School of Health Sciences, assists with a robust admissions plan, including organizing applicant engagement events, participating in conferences, identifying and developing/coordinating active/direct recruitment opportunities, and processes.
13. Develops, designs, and manages CN Program’s systems for creating, tracking, storing and retrieving all student and alumni programmatic records ensuring the security and privacy of all confidential records and is compliant to policies and regulations including but not limited to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) requirements.
14. Monitors success rate data of all students for the Student Progress Committee and annual program review.
15. Supervises administrative assistants and student workers.
16. Works with the Sponsored Projects Office, Alumni Relations, University Advancement and other University departments to plan, implement and manage initiatives and processes for the CN Program.
17. Acts as liaison with student services and faculty support offices, linking students and faculty to appropriate staff and administrators and facilitating the service needed.
18. Serves as both internal and external representation for the Program as assigned by the Clinical Coordinator to promote, coordinate, facilitate and maintain connections between key stakeholders (including field sites, community partners, and potential donors), providing technical and programmatic guidance about the particulars of the programs offered to constituents in Sacramento.
19. Uses advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, Banner, and SharePoint combined with experience in database management and internet research skills.
20. Provides programmatic guidance through participation in staff meetings, task forces, and
21. Reviews, approves and submits program requisitions such as curriculum changes and updates, course scheduling and assignments, syllabus, textbook orders, and enrollment reports.
22. Schedules and coordinates program advisory committee and annual faculty retreat for program/ curriculum review and development. Serves as ex-officio member and committee secretary.
23. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws, regulations, codes for Teaching Kitchen, and/or accreditation standards.
24. Prepares, reviews, and interprets a variety of applications, agreements, forms, records, needs assessments, business correspondence, and reports; makes recommendations based on findings.
25. Responsible for all data entry and management of all student, supervised practice experiential learning and program technical and support data in multiple relational databases: clinical LMS and Microsoft ACCESS.
26. Data entry and management of all student and program outcome data (competencies); prepares individual reports and tracking for student advisement and Student Progress Committee meetings.
27. Provides data analysis per trimester and annually for program evaluation.
28. Develops, administers, collects and enters data and analyzes for all midterm and end of term course evaluations.
29. Prepares, administers, collects and analyzes data on all postgraduate and stakeholder surveys.
30. Handles multiple project assignments and works effectively to meet deadlines and if needed communicates the need for additional resources to meet deadlines.
31. Resolves routine and complex problems with minimal consultation; handles multiple assignments and prioritizes in a constantly changing work environment.
32. Implements a review and evaluation process of assigned initiatives and makes recommendations for new and improved efficiencies for administrative, operational and programming processes.
33. Applies business and industry knowledge to partner with managers, staff, departments, or business units in identifying individual, team, or workplace performance-improvement opportunities, evaluates possible solutions, and recommends solutions that will have a positive impact on individual or team performance.
34. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Health Informatics, Nutrition, Public Health, Health Science or related field.
• Five (5) years of experience providing senior level administrative and professional program support.
• Master’s degree especially in Data Science, Health Informatics, Nutrition, Public Health, Health Science.
• One year of experience as the primary manager of an academic program or department.
• Experience in managing and/or assistance with developing a new academic program.
• Experience conducting outreach with high-level external stakeholders.
• Experience analyzing data/conducting research and developing program policy and policy recommendations.
• Experience in supervising administrative assistants and student workers.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office, Banner, SharePoint and HR systems.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining relational databases.
• Demonstrated expertise and advanced analytical skills and knowledge of statistical software, SPSS 27.0 and Excel.
• Demonstrated expertise in oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in project management skills.
• Professionalism and high-level interpersonal skills that demonstrate effective, clear and culturally sensitive communication.
• Experience with managing projects, timelines, and budgets.
• Must have the capacity to exercise diplomacy and deal effectively with people in a variety of circumstances in a calm, precise way.
• Must be able to multi-task, organize resources and establish priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Ability to adapt to emerging technology (clinical and informatics).
• Must assume responsibility and work effectively with minimum supervision.
• Must maintain strict confidentiality.
• Experience in forming and managing teams.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is typically performed during standard business hours. Work may require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional travel may be required.
Valid driver’s license is required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University’s insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18979
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency