Manager, EHS, Programs and Training
Manager, EHS, Programs and Training
Job ID: 226247
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of health, safety and environmental compliance training, including managing safety incident reporting, and overseeing EHS audits/inspections. Manage KSU's Environmental and Occupational Safety Management System (EOSMS) and coordinate activities of the Safety Committees and University Safety Council.
- Works closely with academic/operational unit managers and EHS subject matter experts to conduct training needs assessments, develop and implement training plans, and conduct regular reviews of the plans
- Administers safety training learning management system, including adding new training materials, review and updating existing material, developing and assigning learning plans
- Schedules EHS-related training for academic and operational units, including new hire safety orientations, new safety/compliance training and refresher trainings; monitors completion status and communicates appropriately to employees and supervisors
- Works closely with Human Resources and individual departments during onboarding process to ensure appropriate safety orientation of new hires
- Maintains University's electronic system for reporting, investigating and monitoring safety-related incidents, including training members of the university community on how to use the system
- Receives, reviews, assigns for investigation, tracks and maintains all records of notification of environmental, health, safety and risk management-related incidents; and generates summary reports for management and University Safety Council review
- Maintains University's electronic system for planning, scheduling and tracking environmental, health and safety inspection/audits, including training university members on using the system
- Works closely with Lead Audits from EHS and academic/operational units to develop and implement inspections/audit plans to meet compliance obligations and in accordance with KSU policies and procedures
- Creates and assigns inspection tasks to lead auditors/inspectors per established guidelines and frequencies
- Monitors completion status and provides feedback to the auditors/inspectors, supervisors and leadership
- Maintains KSU Environmental and Occupational Safety Management System (EOSMS) including working closely with academic and operations unit managers to ensure its implementation
- Maintains a registry of current copies of EOSMS component documents and EHS operational control documents including policies, procedures and forms
- Coordinates the monitoring and review of EHS formal documents, per the established frequency and ensures timely update of the registry and EHS website
- Assists in administration and maintenance of EHS enterprise software including participating in configuration and testing of new modules
- Provides user training, responds to issues raised by users, and communicates with UITS and the vendor's technical support services on issues relating to the software
- Coordinates activities of 17 Safety Committees across the university, including maintaining records of the committees' charters and membership, and conducting orientation of new members
- Assists in administration of the University Safety Council including maintaining records of the Council;s charter and membership, scheduling meeting, and distributing meeting notes and other relevant communications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Five (5) years of progressive experience in safety management, training administration, management systems, or business, information technology or related field
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's degree in Safety Management, Training Administration, Management over Systems, Business, Information Technology or related field
Previous experience managing learning management systems and EHS enterprise software solutions for tracking training, incidents and inspections
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines
Working knowledge of management systems and the ability to implement and maintain safety programs following such framework
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficiency in the computer application including Microsoft Office suite, and enterprise EHS software system
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226247&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency