Senior REDCap Administrator
DescriptionDepartment: The Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI)Job Title: Senior REDCap AdministratorPosition #782813 – Requisition #21039
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.PLEASE NOTE: This position is only open to current University of Colorado employeesWho We Are:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. The Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CCTSI) has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior REDCap Administrator position.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, database administration, server administration, website management, programming, desktop support, and help desk operations.Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.Job Summary:
The CCTSI supports transformational clinical and translational research at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and affiliated institutions. The CCTSI was created in 2008 with funding from the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) initiative of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Because research conducted using CCTSI resources spans multiple institutions, this position acts as a liaison to other Information Technology departments. The Senior REDCap Administrator will manage the REDCap instances supported by the CCTSI and lead the REDCap team in providing services to a wide variety of campus departments and institutions.REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a web-based HIPAA-compliant data collection software used by campus investigators when collecting research data that includes protected health information (PHI). This full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Senior REDCap Administrator will be responsible for supervising or performing all administration of the REDCap instances supported by the CCTSI. They will also work with users to ensure creation of quality data collection tools that adhere to best practices and to innovate in the use of REDCap for research. The Senior REDCap Administrator will supervise the REDCap team and work directly with IT specialists, biostatisticians, project coordinators and other users of REDCap. In addition, the Senior Administrator will contribute to team projects that may involve custom programming, training and presentations, and research. The Senior Administrator requires occasional weekend and evening hours and reports directly to the Director of the CCTSI Informatics Core.We are looking for a team player with strong enterprise software skills and an interest in contributing to human health in an academic environment. Must have excellent communications skills, have strong knowledge of CCTSI processes, and contribute ideas and solutions to a high-performing, motivated informatics team. REDCap infrastructure and projects are developed with security and privacy considerations, ensuring compliance with Health Information Privacy and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations. Because research conducted at the CCTSI spans multiple institutions, this position at times acts as a liaison to the institutional Information Technology (IT) departments and will direct and facilitate informatics requests and services to the appropriate IT departments and institutions.Examples of Work Performed:
This position requires independent action, and the use of discretion and creativity within the limits of institutional, state, and federal regulations to facilitate the research mission of the University of Colorado.
- Contribute expertise and leadership to all REDCap-related discussions on campus
- Represent CCTSI REDCap in discussions with campus investigators, University Office of Information Technology, health system leadership, and national and international REDCap communities, and others.
- Supervise other REDCap administrators and the REDCap-related work of other CCTSI Informatics team members (e.g. developer, information security officer)
- Provide end user support of REDCap, including creation and management of user
- accounts, approving user requests for database changes, responding to user questions, and
- communicating best practices
- Assist with testing REDCap upgrades on test server
- Act as a “translator” between technical staff (Database Administrators, software
- developers, system administrators, etc.) and end users when necessary
- Create and deliver training sessions relevant to REDCap users
- Assist with development of custom applications involving use of REDCap. This may include programming plugins and/or Application Programming Interface (API) calls.
- Assist the campus data warehouse (Health Data Compass) team with secure data flows to/from REDCap
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $58,481 - 74,388.
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution
- At least five (5) years of direct experience as a REDCap administrator
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Please Note:
- This posting is only open to current employees of the University of Colorado
- Interviews will be conducted remotely (e.g. Zoom) until the coronavirus crisis abates.
- A Master’s degree in relevant field from an accredited institution
- Track record of both national and international presentations and contributions to the REDCap consortium community
- Experience with Entity-Attribute-Value (EAV) database model
- Experience with health research study designs and methods
- Experience with a statistical software package (R, SAS, Stata)
- Familiarity with HIPAA and other health data regulations
- Experience delivering software training
- Experience testing software upgrades
- Detail-oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain good customer and end-user relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to understand study design requirements in order to facilitate database configuration
- Ability to positively lead and mentor other REDCap administrators
- Ability to collaborate with coworkers in a team environment on complex projects, team player attitude
- Ability to learn quickly, ability to adapt to changes in technology and its intended use
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize several simultaneous tasks with potentially conflicting priorities
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Apr 28, 2021Unposting Date:
May 3, 2021, 5:59:00 AM
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University