Senior Professional Research Assistant
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Health Systems, Management & Policy
Senior Professional Research AssistantApplications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careersThe University of Colorado l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. Nature of WorkThe Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) has an opening for a full-time Senior Professional Research Assistant in the Department of Health Systems, Management & Policy (HSMP). The incumbent will provide support to the HSMP faculty member such as by contributing to writing and editing of peer-reviewed manuscripts, reports, books/chapters and research grants; performing extensive and comprehensive systematic literature searches and reference management; and preparing presentations for teaching, speaking engagements and public discussions. In addition, the incumbent will perform basic statistical analysis in Excel, Stata, and/or SAS and screen potential research subjects for study eligibility. The Colorado School of Public Health is a collaborative endeavor involving the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz), Colorado State University (CSU), and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). The Colorado School of Public Health is the first and only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing vital contributions towards ensuring our region’s health and wellbeing. Collaboratively formed in 2008 by CU Denver, CSU and UNC, the Colorado School of Public Health provides training, innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, and costly injuries. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado, the largest academic health center in the Rocky Mountain region and one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. Currently home to 25,000 employees, more than 5,000 degree-seeking students and two nationally recognized hospitals that handle 1.7 million patient visits each year, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future, carries out a broad range of research, and cares for the state’s children, adults, and veterans. CU Anschutz features schools of medicine, pharmacy, dental medicine and public health, a college of nursing and a graduate school. Supervision ReceivedThe Senior Professional Research Assistant will be supervised by Dr. Cathy J. Bradley (Deputy Director, University of Colorado Cancer Center; Professor and Associate Dean for Research, Colorado School of Public Health). Supervision ExercisedThe incumbent may supervise research assistants. Examples of Work PerformedThe responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting research of the faculty member by contributing to writing and editing of peer-reviewed manuscripts, reports, books/chapters and research grants; performing systematic literature searches and reference management; and preparing presentations for teaching, speaking engagements and public discussions.
- Assisting with School or Cancer Center projects, including, but not limited to, research program reviews or discussions.
- Providing research support in the development of research protocols for scientific projects and studies.
- Managing one or more research studies.
- Contributing to specific research projects by performing data collection and statistical data analysis functions.
- Managing project budgets.
- Screening potential research subjects for study eligibility.
- Proficiency in writing and editing of peer-reviewed manuscripts, reports, chapters and research grants.
- Background in project management in biomedical or public health research, such as development of study protocols, development of research databases, data quality control, statistical analysis, and development of charts and tables.
- Strong background supporting multi-disciplinary collaborations.
- Proficiency in preparing PowerPoint presentations, using referencing software such as Endnote, and using electronic bibliographic databases such as MEDLINE and CENTRAL; Experience in, and knowledge of research methods in economics, health services research, data analysis and biostatistics, and study design.
- A master’s degree
- Experience working with diverse groups of professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple aspects of complex projects and programs.
- Proficiency in preparing PowerPoint presentations, using referencing software such as Endnote, and using electronic bibliographic databases such as MEDLINE and CENTRAL.
- A master’s degree in a public health discipline (e.g., MPH, MS in Health Services or Economics).
- One or more years of experience in the area of public health or biomedical research.
- Experience using a statistical package such as SAS, STATA, or SPSS for data analysis.
- Experience in budget management.
- Experience with recruitment and supervision of research assistants.
- Experience with study recruitment.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 28, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing