Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Endocrinology
Professional Research Assistant
4 Positions Open
Position #00760634– Requisition #21008* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Endocrinology has an opening for four full-time Professional Research Assistant positions.Nature of Work:
- Four professional research assistants are being sought for four full-time positions in the section of Pediatric Endocrinology to work as a study coordinator for clinical research studies dealing with youth-onset obesity, bariatric surgery, diabetes complications (cardiovascular, kidney, liver, exercise), type 2 diabetes, type 1 diabetes and/or polycystic ovary syndrome. The professional research assistant will work with study physicians, nurse practitioners, co-investigators and staff both locally and nationally as a part of local studies and a multi-center study and will be responsible for study coordination, participant recruiting, consent, and scheduling, performing study visits, processing of research blood samples and other study samples, institutional review board requirements, tracking of study costs, assisting with MRI and other imaging procedures, entering data and other study-related duties.
- Research recruitment – 20%
- Research visits – 20%
- Biospecimen handling – 20%
- Data – 20%
- Paperwork – 10%
- Regulatory – 10%
- Maintain familiarity with study protocols and documents of assigned research studies.
- Inventory, handle, and maintain accountability for study supplies and investigational products in collaboration with research pharmacy.
- Perform data and sample collection at in person and telephone research visits.
- Blood and tissue specimen handling and processing.
- Enter data and send to coordinating center.
- Work as a team member in coordination of assigned primary studies.
- Subject recruitment, consent and retention.
- Work with investigators and other staff to prepare IRB submission and maintain study approval and certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or health-related field
- Experience in research
- Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check
- Experience in clinical research
- Experience working with youth
- Experience with diabetes, obesity and/or human physiology or cardiovascular, liver and kidney research
- Strong clinical practice skills
- Ability to handle both blood and laboratory specimens for processing
- Knowledge of obesity and diabetes physiology
- Ability to enter data effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work with a diverse group of research study participants
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and part of a collaborative team
- Spanish Language proficiency
- Experience with Microsoft office programs
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 28, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing