Education Program Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
Academic Services Senior Professional
Education Program Coordinator
Position #726421 – Requisition #21094* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Education Program Coordinator.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independentlyNature of Work:The section of Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine has 49 faculty (to include Sr., Jr., PhD and Nurse Practitioner Faculty) with on-going interests in asthma, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, cystic fibrosis, sleep medicine and medical education. This position will provide primary support to the pediatric pulmonary fellowship program, the fellowship program director and the education-related functions of the section. The position is responsible for oversight of restricted funds associated with the fellowship. This position interacts with internal and external customers as well as national and international visitors.Examples of Work Performed:
- Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, etc.) that support the program's curriculum and adhere to ACGME and LCME requirements.
- Provides guidance to students/residents/fellows on program, hospital and GME policies, administrative and clinical (related to fellowship) aspects of the program by acting as the resident expert on fellowship/GME policies and procedures and providing guidance to students, residents and faculty.
- Works closely with the fellowship program director, section head, fellows and administrative support staff to establish and disseminate annual rotation, clinic and call schedules.
- Responsible for the dissemination, management and completion of student/resident/fellow, faculty, and program evaluations via MedHub to include initiation, tracking, follow-up reminders, and review.
- Coordinates accreditation activities including LCME and ACGME Site Visits, and annual program reviews. Accreditation preparation activities includes working closely with program director, section head and faculty members on document review and preparation, compiling program-specific statistical information and benchmark data, coordinating complex schedules, accompanying site visitors during the accreditation process.
- Work closely with the Program Director to review and manage duty hours and reporting issues or concerns to the program director and fellow. Completes evaluation reports and ensures reporting/completion compliance.
- Ensures hospital and GME policies and procedures are enforced, and that departmental and program policies and procedures are created and enforced. Work closely with the program director with annual updates of program-specific documents, UCD website (related to the fellowship), and fellowship manual.
- Assists the PD and faculty in planning, developing, and implementing student/residency/fellowship program quality improvement projects through meeting coordination, document preparation, and tracking.
- Administers MedHub (GME Residency Management System). Record training site/time distribution in MedHub for each resident/fellow for Intern Resident Information System (IRIS) reporting to CMS and HRSA.
- Manage program operations budget and reimbursements to residents/fellows/faculty. Completes Resident Charge Sheets (RCS) accurately reflecting appropriate funding sources, submits reimbursement and travel reimbursement requests through EPSi (CHCO) or Concur depending on the funding source. Manage fellowship restricted fund (CHCO) and book fund (UCD).
- Fund raises and manages expenses to budget for annual Cotton Conference meeting. Manages all aspects of the conference to include finding guest speakers, making travel arrangements, securing conference site, selecting food, preparing agenda, coordinating continuing education credits, issuing certificates of completion, organizing presentation slides, etc.
- Oversees current and new updates of the ACGME and/or LCME requirements and procedures to help maintain program compliance and accreditation by logging into website regularly and reviewing/taking action on program updates sent by those entities.
- Manages annual recruitment including the administration of ERAS and NRMP, applicant interviews, resident/fellow selection and the MATCH process.
- Assists faculty with any administrative tasks that are requested, including calendaring, correspondence, and program representation.
- Assists with department conferences/retreats to include weekly fellow's talk, monthly M&M, fellow's book club, etc.
- Assures accuracy of travel documentation; monitors and tracks budgetary items and purchase requests.
- Maintaining various sensitive documents pertaining to accreditation and regulatory compliance
- Create grant application materials and submissions to international pharmaceutical companies
- Organize and run planning committee meetings
- Budget management and reconciliation for all conference costs
- Manage all aspects of the conference including procurement of guest speakers, making travel arrangements, securing conference site, selecting food, preparing agenda,
Minimum Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, any field.• Three (3) years' experience working in an administrative support role and/or office management role in an academic health care setting or private practice office.• Experience working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Conditions of Employment:Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children's Hospital ColoradoMust be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background checkPreferred Qualifications:• Three to five (3-5) years' of direct experience as a fellowship, resident or medical student program assistant/coordinator.• Experience working with MedHub is highly desirable.• Experience with fundraising and managing expenses.• Previous budget and auditing experience.Competencies:
- Should have excellent organizational skills, an ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities, work independently, and meet important deadlines.
- Must have an interest in medical education and the desire to work in a health care setting.
- Must be comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment consisting of diverse populations of staff, faculty, students/residents/fellows and other administrative personnel.
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message, listening actively to others.
- Managing Work - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Building Customer Loyalty - Meeting and exceeding internal or external customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 29, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing