TIS Associate Director
DescriptionColorado Center for Personalized MedicineIT Associate Director – TIS Associate Director Position #00782655 – Requisition #21068
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for an Associate Director. This is a full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Job Summary:
The Translational Informatics Services (TIS) is an operational unit within the Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine (CCPM) that analyzes genomic data obtained from the CCPM Biobank, serves data to the University of Colorado and UCHealth researchers, industry partners, and processes genetic findings for delivery into patients’ records for clinical care. The University of Colorado Department of Medicine and the CCPM has an opening for a full-time position of TIS Associate Director. TIS Associate Director will report to the TIS Director. The TIS Associate Director will work in partnership with the Director of TIS to lead a team of analysts and managers that provide analytical, research services and operational support as listed below. The position will manage fiscal duties in regards to TIS in CCPM. It will manage HR duties for this area as well.Professional Field
Statistical Genetics, Computational Biology, BiostatisticsExamples of Work Performed
Develop new tools for research and clinical use leveraging Biobank genomic and clinical data.Participate in the Access to Biobank Committee (ABC) operations and ensure delivery of data and results for approved projects. Provide bioinformatics support for the Colorado Anschutz Research Genetics Organization (CARGO), a core lab facility within CCPM that performs GWAS array genotyping, targeted genotyping, and methylation quantification. Partner with the Director of TIS and CCPM leadership to facilitate research and industry partnerships, which includes researching commercial vendors and products, determining feasibility of proposed projects, and writing RFI and RFP applications.
- Lead a team of analysts and manage CCPM TIS day-to-day data delivery, research and return of genetic results for clinical care operations.
- This includes but not limited to performing large scale genome-wide (GWAS) and phenome-wide (PheWAS) association studies, calculating polygenic risk scores (PRS), assessing quality of microarray genotyping and next-generation sequencing data and aggregating this data into datasets for research and clinical operations.
- Overseeing the development of informatics pipelines for the processing of raw genotyping data for pharmacogenetic and genetic risk variants and working with CCPM clinical teams on return of actionable results into electronic health records system for clinical care.
- Providing informatics, feedback, leadership training and ensure professional growth of analysts on the TIS team.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $92,553 - $140,000. The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics or closely related field6 years of experience in statistical genetics or a related field.4 additional years of experience managing a team of data analysts.
Substitution: Additional appropriate experience may substitutite for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Biostatistics or closely related field
- Additional years of experience in statistical genetics
- Additional years of experience managing a team of data analysts.
- Project management and IT software implementation experience.
- Writing and reviewing scientific publications within the scope of TIS operations
- Excellent organizational and team player skills, ability to multitask and manage own workload.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.Strong knowledge of statistical genetics and multi-omics bioinformatics. Data scientist and programming skills: statistical software, R, python, high-performance compute cluster environment, etc.
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Apr 29, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University