Research Senior Instructor
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO - ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Community and Behavioral Health
Senior Research Instructor
Applications are only accepted from current employees of the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus. The University of Colorado l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of WorkThis is a full-time position of Senior Research Instructor at the Department of Community and Behavioral Health (CBH), Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH). The incumbent will have expertise in community and behavioral health research, prevention or intervention science, analytic methods, and community engaged research approaches. This position requires the ability to establish and maintain high levels of engagement among community and technology partners who are aligned with the aims of NMHIC. The incumbent will frequently be the sole representative of NMHIC tech work with high-level partners and stakeholders as projects unfold and must have sophisticated leadership and interpersonal skills in addition to management capability. They will lead efforts to design and conduct public health practice and research in collaboration with both community and technology partners. The Colorado School of Public Health is a collaborative endeavor involving the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz), Colorado State University (CSU), and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). The Colorado School of Public Health is the first and only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing vital contributions towards ensuring our region’s health and wellbeing. Collaboratively formed in 2008 by CU Denver, CSU and UNC, the Colorado School of Public Health provides training, innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, and costly injuries. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado, the largest academic health center in the Rocky Mountain region and one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. Currently home to 25,000 employees, more than 5,000 degree-seeking students and two nationally recognized hospitals that handle 1.7 million patient visits each year, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future, carries out a broad range of research, and cares for the state’s children, adults, and veterans. CU Anschutz features schools of medicine, pharmacy, dental medicine and public health, a college of nursing and a graduate school.Supervision ReceivedThis position will be supervised by Jenn Leiferman, PhD, Professor & Chair of the Department of Community and Behavioral Health.Supervision ExercisedThe senior instructor will supervise other employees at time of hire, and may supervise additional student workers, professional research assistants, postdoctoral fellows and/or junior faculty as career develops.Examples of Work Performed
- Responsible for creating and maintaining site relationships with community partners and tech industry partners. Provide ongoing consultation, technical assistance, and resource development to community sites regarding content applications and updates.Conduct assessments and projections of tech team capacities, and coach prospective partners for readiness to implement new programs or participate in NMHIC initiatives.Ongoing interactions with TIN sites to identify problems, develop best practices, and address technology implementation issues.Conducting focus groups, 1:1 meetings, surveys etc. to collect data to inform tech companies.Help design, organize and conduct research using established scientific protocols and procedures focused on the implementation of technology within a clinical setting.Collect, prepare and analyze research data.Assists with IRB oversight, and regulatory matters.Summarize findings and publish results in research journals.Provide supervision and guidance to graduate students, program managers, and project managers.Develops and maintains standard operating procedures to ensure the smooth operation of the study.
- Teach graduate public health courses and mentor graduate students, as needed.
- Ability to lead, coordinate and implement research projects
- Understanding of evidence-based practice and the basics of implementation science.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, develop effective interpersonal relationships, provide superior customer service, and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines.
- A research oriented doctoral degree in public health, sociology, psychology, or related discipline.Demonstrated quantitative research expertise. At least 2 years of demonstrated experience and success leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously and sustaining positive working relationships with varied stakeholders.Two years of experience providing psychological services, including experience with technology used within mental health settings.At least 3 years of relevant experience in a research environment.
- Experience working with or knowledge of the technology industry generally or related to digital product development and implementation.Experience with translation of science into practice.Experience with new and emerging technology.Experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team. Demonstrated ability to mentor graduate students.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 29, 2021
Unposting Date: May 5, 2021, 5:59:00 AM