DDS/ISP Admissions Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- The position requires the ability to independently plan, schedule, organize and respond appropriately on admissions and programming questions/needs.Jobholder builds relationships with students and advises on the correct program fit goals and follows them through the enrollment process
- Act as the centralized point of contact for the DDS and ISP programs which includes answering and routing calls and emails to the appropriate departments.Manage student compliance for immunizations and certifications including updating the form yearly, approving immunizations and certifications in the compliance portal, and other duties as needed.Counsel and advise prospective students by providing detailed information in response to inquiries and requests regarding the dental educational programs, the admissions process for the programs and the status of individual applications.Compose non-routing correspondence, ensuring to exercise tact, diplomacy and confidentiality when responding to inquiries. Determine what information best answers caller’s questions regarding prerequisites, advantages of the SDM dental program and the admission processes.Assess each applicant’s file to include computation of grades and completion of academic prerequisites and draft appropriate correspondence. Serve as an information source to faculty, staff, students and the general public. Responsible for collection and processing of background investigation reports for all entering dental students. If any discrepancies are found, the information will be forwarded to the Associate Director of Admissions and Student Engagement or Manager of ISP and will be handled on an individual bases in compliance with the AMC policy and procedures.Complete administrative duties such as picking up the mail, sorting, and delivering, completing faculty assigned tasks, printing of clinic schedule and posting weekly, as needed, and other similar duties.Arrange catering for all events of DDS and ISP including selecting providers, ordering food, and managing set-up and clean-up.Arrange and attend ISP and DDS meetings and record minutes.Provide support to the School’s traditions program, including event planning and delivery for the annual white coat ceremony, auctions and student recognition events.Coordinate expense reports for the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs operating budget as well as the Advanced Standing International Student Program. Ensure compliance with State, University, and SDM budget guidelines and fiscal policies and procedures.
- Co-coordinate the student admissions process for the SDM dental program. Serve as an information source to faculty, staff, students and the general public. Provide services in support of the SDM Dental Student Admissions Committee.
- Collect and analyze technical applicant data (transcripts, GPA, DAT’s, etc.) and prepare analytical reports for the committees’ review. Arrange committee meetings, attend meetings and record minutes.Audit and review admission applications. Assist with the organization and execution of the on-site and virtual interview process for SDM dental applicants.
- Work with both the Webadmit system and the ISP Portal System to upload reports, approve documents, upload documents on the shared server, and other administrative duties as assignedAssist with the preparation of applications for review including entering data for the Pink Sheet, as well as splitting applications and other items needed.Provide services in support of the SDM ISP Admissions Committee. Assist with the organization and execution of the on-site and virtual interview process for ISP applicants.
- Facilitating all internal and external, verbal and written, communications from the Dean’s Office. This includes greeting guests, answering phones, and assisting in the areas of social media and website, maintenance of newsletters generated, general announcements, and written correspondences. Keeping the Dean and the Associate Deans’ calendars, scheduling meetings, responding to emails and written correspondence to and from the Dean.Coordinate arrangements for various School of Dental Medicine official functions to include, staff meetings, faculty awards banquets, etc.When required this position will be responsible for attending various meetings and taking minutes
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees
- Bachelor’s degree in business or education or any related field from an accredited institution
- One year of progressively responsible administrative experience, including experience with executive office operations, data entry, or similar positions.
- Experience working in student affairs and/or admissions within a higher educational setting.
- A working knowledge of requirements, application process and procedures for admission to the Dental School and University.
- Experience working in a competitive admissions program in a higher educational setting.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet software programs as well as student information systems management systems and customer relations management systems (CRM).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.Skills in serving as a coordinator of events.Ability to establish priorities in an executive office setting.Well-developed, professional skills in the areas of fiscal management and office management.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 29, 2021
Unposting Date: May 13, 2021, 5:59:00 AM