DescriptionColorado Center for Personalized Medicine CompassIT Principal Professional – Cloud EngineerPosition #00780747 – Requisition #21077
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine Compass has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Cloud Engineer position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Job Summary:
Health Data Compass (Compass) is the technology innovation arm of the Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine, CU’s banner initiative to improve patient health through the science of personalized medicine. Our team is implementing a data integration and analytics platform on cutting-edge, cloud-based technologies to support biomedical research and clinical excellence throughout the CU research enterprise and our hospital partners. Compass services are hosted on cutting-edge, cloud-based technologies. Day to day, this person will be responsible for analyzing new solution requests, clarifying non-functional requirements, and formulating conceptual and physical architectures to rapidly deliver infrastructure solutions in a cloud based HIPAA complaint and secure environment.
While a truly successful candidate will be able to lead the deployment of projects, create design collateral, and mentor other team members, this role entails so much more.
We are not looking for your average cloud Engineer; we are looking for someone who is excited to collaborate in a team, will work with many different business units, loves to talk security, and will help drive our business to innovative levels. You’ll have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations. You have strong problem solving and analytical skills; you’re able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution, while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.Examples of Work Performed:
Salary and Benefits:
- Delivering end-to-end infrastructure management solutions in a cloud environment
- Improving infrastructure operations through better use of monitoring, cloud coding and scripting best practices
- Implementing cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards for clients
- Testing migration scenarios against POC environments.
- Automation of environment creation with Terraform.
- Execution of the application migration plan and activities.
- Operational support for cloud environment.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $67,254 - $90,000.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or related field to include expertise in the following:
- Hands-on technical experience in designing, building and securing cloud services like Google cloud or AWS.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Cloud Native security solutions
- Demonstrated experience securing Kubernetes, Docker Containers, Serverless environments
- Experience in network services like VPN, firewall, WAF, IPS, CDN, proxy, load balancing, and DNS
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a leader, including:
- Experience building road maps, reference architectures, patterns, threat models, project planning/reporting and management concepts, methodologies, tools, standards and procedures
- Experience working with development teams on cloud infrastructure and DEVOPS engineers on the design and build of automated solutions
- Current Google Cloud Professional Certifications preferred but not required
- Knowledge of application security and secure software development practices
- Knowledge in Healthcare services is a major plus
- Understanding of network security design including segmentation, encryption, logging and monitoring
- Demonstrated knowledge of container technology (such as Docker), database technology (such as MySQL, MS-SQL, or Postgresql) and development language (such as Java, Perl, PHP or Python)
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and effectively
- Able to work independently, self-starter
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicableJob Category:
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Apr 28, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University