University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- Maintains and cleans facility procedure rooms, docks, laundry room, and corridors
- Maintains appropriate levels of supplies in assigned areas
- Ensures that waste containers are emptied and refuse placed in the appropriate waste stream
- Ensures that facility generated laundry is washed, dried, and delivered to the appropriate location.
- Performs upkeep of disinfection stations and disinfection bottles
- Empties, thaws and cleans carcass freezers
- Performs collections from laboratory areas of animal carcasses
- Removes the heavy animal carcasses from refrigerators and freezers and ensures that they are sent to the appropriate waste stream
- Stacks pallets of feed and supplies
- Ensures supplies and equipment is properly received, sorted, de-conned, and delivered to the appropriate location
- Provides sanitation by steaming, fogging or foaming of rooms, corridors, hallways, walls and doors within the facility
- Works with coworkers for large facility projects, including; decontamination, sanitation, equipment adjustments and equipment assembly
- Oversees the facilities’ pest control program and keeps accurate records and documentation of that program
- Maintains floor scrubber along with other cleaning equipment and tools
- Evaluates equipment to determine if equipment can be repaired and makes requests for parts orders
- Repairs include fixing the floor scrubber, patching/repairing holes in the wall, general equipment repair, replacement of wheels and bent shelves, and fixing watering valves/Lixits for large animals
- Installs utensil holders, hand soap dispensers, shelving, hooks, and other performs installation projects
- Assembles large equipment such as carts, racks, cabinets, and chairs
- Performs hose reel repair and replaces broken glove boxes
- Paints walls, doors, and metal equipment
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $30,936 - $34,200.
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- The tasks performed do not require any specific previous education or experience. However, mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn are required.
- This position requires the individual to perform physical work involving general tasks including hauling, lifting, and moving.
- Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Experience keeping activity logs
- Experience in an animal research facility
- Experience processing dead animal carcasses
- Experience operating complex machinery
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to exchange and collect information and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.Ability to communicate effectively in written form, which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors.Computer skills that includes experience with e-mail and word processing.Knowledge of an animal research facility.Ability to maintain an activity log.Planning and organization skills.Mechanical abilityPhysical ability
- NOTE: This position has been designated as essential personnel, “Subject to call 24 hours per day, seven days per week” and may be required to carry a communication device. Position may also be required to “Stay over late” or “Come in early” to “Cover” shifts, as needed and may be required to respond to any emergencies as needed. If hired, you will be required to provide effective off-hours phone contact info for emergency call-in purposes.
- Must be willing and able to sit, climb stairs, stoop, crouch, squat, kneel, bend, and reach above shoulders on an occasional basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to push and pull up to 100 lbs. on an occasional basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to use peripheral vision, and type/enter data on an occasional basis.
- Must be willing and able to stand and walk on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to use near and far vision and depth perception on a frequent basis.
- Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. on a constant basis, with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to handle, finger and feel on a constant basis.
- Must be willing and able to use hearing and verbal communication on a constant basis.
- Must be willing and able to work with dead animal carcasses.
- Must be willing and able to operate moving equipment or work around machinery or moving equipment.
- Must be willing able to work around noise and vibrations.
- Must be willing and able to work straight or rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing and able to work around hazardous chemicals/solvents, infectious agents, radioactive agents and work in hazardous conditions
- Must be willing and able to walk on uneven surfaces and work in small, confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to wear appropriate respiratory and hearing protection as required.
- Must possess and maintain a current State of Colorado Driver’s License by the time of hire.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 28, 2021
Unposting Date: May 13, 2021, 5:59:00 AM