Director of Men's Basketball Operations
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Director of Men's Basketball OperationsDepartment:
UNT-Athletics Facilities-220410Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Conference USA. North Texas’ athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with the North Texas Athletics. Provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student-athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and during competition.Position Overview:
Under direct supervision of the Head Basketball Coach, the Director of Basketball Operations is responsible for coordinating all aspects of basketball operations for the University of North Texas basketball team.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s and 1 year of experience in related sport.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Basketball Operations or Coaching.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
Flexible Pending SeasonDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Asst CoachPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Crawling, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 50 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Ability to communicateo:
- Coordinates all aspects of basketball team travel.
- Completes all necessary business office documentation to arrange, coordinate, and pay for team travel.
- Submit all necessary bids, contracts, and document for buses and hotels.
- Reconciles team travel and expenses in a timely manner.
- Liaison with the business office on all basketball-related expenditure requests, approvals, paperwork, receipts, and budget preparation/management.
- Responsible for creation and management of Men’s Basketball Operations Budget.
- Coordinates all aspects of prospective athletes official visits, recruiting weekends, coaches recruiting travel, and overall recruiting coordination.
- Completes all necessary documents to have recruiting travel approved by the Business Office and PPS prior to the recruiting trip.
- Reconciles all recruiting travel in a timely manner.
- Submit necessary documents to create requisitions for hotels during official visits if needed.
- Works directly with Academic and Compliance units assuring NCAA compliance and student athlete eligibility for basketball team.
- Coordinate with department on international student process to include insurance, taxes, and financial aid elements.
- Completes all task necessary to track prospects and current student athletes in NCAA Clearinghouse, with NCAA certification, with NCAA satisfactory progress, and with individual student athlete eligibility.
- Assist with day to day basketball activities allowed per NCAA rules.
- Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations and complies with the same.
- Assists in briefing student-athletes and monitoring adherence to above.
- Must comply with all NCAA and C-USA rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Head Coach, Athletics Director, or Executive Team.
S1918PQuicklink for Posting: